I’m In!! IM WI 2007, Here I Come!!

>> Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hurray for the Community Fund!

I was unable to get registered the “normal” way for Ironman Wisconsin next year (see previous post), so I sent out my Community Fund application the day that it opened. I was informed yesterday that I’m all registered for IM WI 2007! Now comes the plea...

To enter through the Ironman Community Fund (ICF) means that I have to try to raise $550 for local charities. The main focus of the ICF fundraising is directed towards youth and sports. I still paid the normal (expensive) IM entry fee, so this $550 is on top of that. I have to foot the bill on whatever portion of this that I don’t raise.

If you are able to help me (and ICF) out, please send me a little money. I won’t act like a high-pressure infomercial. I won’t try to B.S. you into helping out. I won’t make you an offer that you can’t refuse. I’ll simply ask nicely one time. If you can help, great. If you can’t, that’s fine.

Please mail checks to:

Steve Stenzel
544 Ashland Ave
St. Paul, MN 55102

Checks can be made out to me, in my quest to raise money to go towards funding youth athletic activities. If you choose to help out, I’ll send good karma back in your direction! Heck, I'll send good karma your way even if you don't!

Thanks everyone! See you in September in Madison!

p.s. If you need me to sound more pitiful, I had a dentist's appointment this morning and was informed that I have my very first cavity. FIRST ONE! Boo-hoo.

5 comments:

Kate 3:40 AM, September 20, 2006  

Yay! Look forward to reading your journey... Such a great thing for you two to do together.

Congrats on getting so far through life cavity free!

Steve Stenzel 8:16 AM, September 20, 2006  

Stupid frickin first cavity. Stupid teeth. Stupid mouth.

Trisaratops 11:12 AM, September 20, 2006  

Agh! You'd better not have passed that onto me...I *knocking on wood* have never had a cavity! :)

I will definitely send something your way...wish it could be more, but I'll send ya something! Excited to follow Mr. Pharmie and Pharmie's journeys!

Chris 2:51 PM, September 21, 2006  

Woohoo! Congrats on your entry! I'll see you in Madison in 2007!

I'm glad that you got in. I checked today and all the community spots for Wisconsin for next year are already sold out!

Steve Stenzel 8:32 AM, September 22, 2006  

Yeah Chris, once all the entrys came in, the number of community spots dropped from around 150 to 116, and then down to 0 the next day.

We'll see you out there!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.