Mountain Biking in the Fall

>> Saturday, September 30, 2006

My brother-in-law, Dave, and I went out for a nice, cool, late-September afternoon mountain bike ride yesterday. We drove over to Theo Wirth Park between Minneapolis and Golden Valley. We biked out to the course, did the narrow short course out to the main loop, biked the main loop twice, came back on the narrow short course, and then biked back to my car.

One time, I got like 3 feet of air. (Yes, that was a bad Napoleon Dynamite reference)

Dave thinks that, much like baseball hats, bike helmets make you look “cooler” when worn backwards. Idiot:



We had a great time. In fact, earlier this summer, I figured that I’d do an Xterra Triathlon next summer (swim, mountain bike, trail run). But now that the Ironman is officially on the books for next year, I’ll have to push the Xterra back a year.

2007: the year of the Iron-Steve.

2008: the year of the X-Steve.

Sounds like a plan.

When we were almost done for the day, Dave had a nasty wipeout:



He was unresponsive and bleeding from his ears, so I figured it just be best if I left him there so he could work it out himself. The wolves could help him if he needed it. And the fire ants too - I hear they're nice to work with.

It’s been 24 hours, and I still haven’t heard from him...

1 comments:

Anonymous,  2:21 PM, October 02, 2006  

I'm glad you didn't kill my honey! It was great spending part of the weekend with you, thanks, Steve!

~lil sis

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.