No Ironman For Me Next Year...

>> Monday, September 11, 2006

I tried to register for Ironman WI 2007, but it filled up FAST! I was online 10 minutes after online entry started, and I was working from a fast computer with a fast connection. It took forever for each page to load because of the traffic. I slowed myself down at some parts: I forgot my active.com ID and screwed up on a few pages in (forgot to click some little box or what-not). I finally got it all taken care of and was moving through the site. I got to the point where I was putting in my payment, and it wouldn’t take. It was 10:58 am, 58 minutes after registration opened. I called a support number, and they told me that I missed it and didn’t make it into their database. IM WI 2007 was full, and I was not going to be part of it.

7 comments:

E-Speed 1:55 PM, September 11, 2006  

Bummer! If you decide to go for a community slot and need donations let me know!

word on the street is you should fill out your active reg form ahead of time and then as soon as the clock strikes time hit enter. What a pain!

Born To Endure 1:58 PM, September 11, 2006  

Me either, don't feel bad..oh well..guess i'll just be doing one next year!

Chris 8:47 AM, September 12, 2006  

Man, I can't believe that it sold out in less than an hour. I read a bunch of folks who had similar problems registering. I wonder how quickly it would have filled up if everyone would have been able to get their pages loaded timely?? Yikes.

Anyway, it was nice meeting you at Stu's place. Thanks for all the photos and standing out there wet and cold and cheering for all of us. It looks like I just missed Sarah's finish and I'm sorry for that. After I took care of myself, it wasn't until almost the 16:00 hour mark until I got back to the finish line.

We'll all have to get together sometime next year for some group training sessions! :)

Trisaratops 3:57 PM, September 12, 2006  

OH NO. I am so sorry. How about Florida???? I've heard good things about that!

xt4 6:05 PM, September 14, 2006  

Sarah told me about the community fund thing...good luck dude, I REALLY hope you get in - will be keeping tabs on the blog for updates!!!!

Kate 5:19 AM, September 18, 2006  

D'oh! Darn computers!!
Thanks for the updates during Sarah's race- I was engrossed!

xt4 2:49 PM, September 19, 2006  

Just read the good news at Sarah's blog - KICKASS!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.