Post Residency/Pre Sarah’s Ironman

>> Friday, September 08, 2006

Well, I haven’t done squat in the realm of physical activity over the last few weeks. During my Photo Residency at the Anderson Center, I worked myself crazy and made a few good photos - which IS all that really matters. I only went on a 5 mile bike ride and a 5 mile run during my 2 and a half weeks down there. No random push-ups. No tricep dips. And lots of Debbie’s rich, rich cooking. Bad combination.

Now, the fall semester has started, and I’m teaching 4 classes at 3 different colleges/universities in Mpls/St. Paul. Back to the working life.

Sarah and I are out in Wisconsin for her first Ironman Triathlon this weekend. We had a pasta supper at Stu’s house near Madison. (Otherwise known as Simply Stu.) What a great guy! He invited everyone from the triathlon blogosphere in the area. There were over 20 people there.


About half the gang at Stu’s


After the meal, we (“we” meaning all the fat, slow, non-Ironman schmucks) snapped some photos of the group of soon-to-be Ironman Athletes (and our host in yellow):


My sweet, little Ironman is on the far right.
No, not the Asian man...in front of him.

So I had a bit of a revelation tonight. I realized about 5 weeks ago that when we got out here for the Ironman, I could be sucked in. I figured I’d see the excitement and exhilaration that goes along with all of this, and I’d be hooked. I didn’t really want it to happen, but I was aware that it could.

And it has.

At Stu’s house, it took just over an hour for me to go from
“I’ll MAYBE do Ironman next year,”
to
“I’ll PROBABLY do Ironman next year,”
to
“I hope to finish Ironman next year in about 14 hours.”

Crap. I’m sucked it. I blame Sarah and Stu. Super crap.

Good luck to everyone in 2 days!!!
I’ll be out there screaming at all of you!!!

1 comments:

E-Speed 10:30 AM, September 09, 2006  

Is that Robby B I see chowing down in the middle? Wish I could be there with all of you!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.