Look Ma! I'm Running!

>> Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I went for my first run in 2 months on Saturday. I wasn’t feelin’ it on my way to the Y. I just didn’t think that it was going to go well. I was prepared for it to be a disaster. My plan was to try going 1.5 miles. The last time I tried that in December, my knee made a turn for the worse at 1.3 miles, and at a mile and a half I HAD to stop. On Saturday, I had some lingering pain in my knee, and I felt like it was going to be holding me back. I was ready to be disappointed.

But, instead, I felt GREAT! I was sneaking up on 1 mile, and I still felt good. I was trying to run smooth, clean, and non-jarringly (is that a word?). It was going well.

Long story short: I had a pain-free 2 mile run!

The next day, I swam. And the day after that, I didn’t do anything - I needed to recover. I did have some more, fairly intense lingering knee pain, but nothing sharp and horrible.

Today I was feeling OK again, so I stretched out and headed to the Y. I had a good 2.1 mile run! These 2 runs have been short, but very meaningful. And MUCH needed for my psyche.

After I finished on the treadmill, I snapped a quick photo in my pain-free bliss:



I must have been satisfied: you can see my bulging “Vain of Approval” throbbing away in my forehead. We’ll see how long this running delight lasts. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Lance Notstrong 10:20 AM, February 14, 2007  

Glad to hear the knee is getting better. I think it was that confidence building dream LOL :-)

xt4 2:01 PM, February 14, 2007  

That's fantastic Steve. Remember to give yourself plenty of rest, still. You want to really baby that thing back into shape. But great for you and some peace of mind - Ironman ho!

TriShannon 7:39 PM, February 14, 2007  

Yay for pain free running!

John 8:42 AM, February 15, 2007  

That’s awesome Steve. You’ll be adding on the mileage no time, just take it easy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.