First Catcall of 2007

>> Saturday, June 09, 2007

Regarding my previous post about my ups-and-downs, I’m currently riding an “up” high. I had a great 6.5 mile run. [Side note: this is the LONGEST run I’ve been able to do in about a year. It went well. I had some knee pain, but nothing serious. I averaged under 8 minute miles, and finished in 50:44. MAJOR STEP FORWARD!]

About 4 miles into the run, I was crossing Lexington at the stoplight on Summit, and I was running in front of 2 women in a sporty little car. As I ran past, I received my first catcall of the year. Minnesota’s been chilly lately, but it was a nice warm afternoon, so I was running with my shirt off. Pharmie had just mentioned that I was losing some of my extra chub and was getting buffer and buffer. But still, I was surprised to get a catcall. Oh, and my penis was hanging out a little. That maybe had something to do with it.

The catcaller was probably a little drunk. And blind in one eye. And by the sound of her “WHHOOOO,” she’s a little tone deaf as well. Well, beggars can’t be choosy.

9 comments:

Allez 6:27 PM, June 10, 2007  

Please explain how come you were "hanging out" a little??? You did great on your run, you're fast!

Unknown 10:03 AM, June 11, 2007  

Ha! And please DON'T explain any danglage. :)

John 2:39 PM, June 11, 2007  

Apparently you were very happy with your run… as you should be!

You going to have to change the name of your blog to “Steve in a Speedo?! Whhoooo!”

Wedgie 4:01 PM, June 11, 2007  

tri-john: from his description, sounds like the blog would be "Steve OUT of a speedo?!"

Lance Notstrong 4:10 PM, June 11, 2007  

It's always nice to get a "catcall" when your "junk" is hanging out!!!

GP 9:25 AM, June 12, 2007  

Congrats on the 6.5 miles... and the catcall as well. It's your official inauguration into the running season. You're just about hitting that home-free-for-10-miles-plus point (in my experience and opinion), so keep running, dude!

BUT be careful with your knee! If you feel too much pain, slow it down or take a break. Listen to your knees... they know what they're talking about!

ShesAlwaysWrite 3:44 PM, June 12, 2007  

I just got my first "Get a Car" when I was out cycling. Not NEARLY as cool as getting a catcall : )

Anonymous,  8:01 PM, June 15, 2007  

Cat calls get old. We get so tired of them. Don't you? It's like get a mag or something. Damn...IT's like sorry we are'nt for sale loosers ha ha Keep your hands to yourself tell them. Cycling is just great on the beach. Have a swell weekend. Tiffany

Wedgie 1:19 PM, June 18, 2007  

Just occured to me: you mention this is your FIRST catcall of the year; just how many more are you expecting?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.