Ups and Downs

>> Saturday, June 09, 2007

My knee has been doing whatever it wants to lately. I had an OK week last week where I was able to go on a decent 30 mile bike ride and a couple of good runs. Not to mention the duathlon, which was a pretty successful test for my knee - I feel like it passed with about a B, maybe a B+. Regardless, it went better than I thought it would, and the pain was minor - something I could work through with little problem.

But then this past week I went on a 35 mile bike ride. About 26 miles into the ride, I had some sharp knee pain. A few miles later, I actually had to stop because of the sharp pain. I stretched for a few minutes, and took off again. Three miles later, I was knocked out again. I had to stop 4 times in the last few miles in order to get through it. I’ve never had pain like that on the bike. But then the next day I had a good 2500 meter swim, with a nice run the next day.

All of this is just frustrating. Last summer, my knee was fine. I could bust out a 60 mile ride with no problem. If I had been training for IM last year, it would have been going much better. I’m just starting to get pissy about this post and I don’t really think this is going anywhere, so I’m just going to stop writing (not forever, just on this post).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.