Vacation Workouts

>> Tuesday, July 24, 2007

So I was going to go for a good open water swim in Lake Mary in Alexandria, MN, but it was so stinkin’ foggy. I would have lost the shoreline and gotten stuck in the middle of the lake. Or I would've been hit by a boat. Here’s a photo of Brad, Michael, Dave, and Grandpa Clem coming in from fishing in the fog:



I let the fog burn off for another hour, and then I hit the water for a nice, calm 30-minute open water swim. Here are a few more vacation photos with the fam:


Michelle, Kelsey, Dave, and I swimming late into the night


My favorite cousins and I on the floating raft:
Brittany, Candy, and Kelsey


Then, this morning, I was able to complete my first 10 mile run since high school! It was non-stop, and took me 1 hour, 19 minutes, and 49 seconds. It was just faster than 8-minute miles. My knee started hurting around mile 6, but I was able to hold it off and finish the 10 miles. I’m feeling better about Chisago Half IM this weekend. We’ll see how it goes. I hope to be hair-free by then. Stay tuned for that!...

5 comments:

Spandex King 1:43 PM, July 24, 2007  

Good Luck In Chisago!! Could be a hot one.

Lance Notstrong 2:44 PM, July 24, 2007  

You've never ran a half marathon? Or a full marathon?

You need to take before and after pics on the shave down :-) And if you wax, don't forget to yell out Kelly Clarkson's name :-)

Pharmie 2:49 PM, July 24, 2007  

Congrats on the 10 miler! But did you call and tell me about your awesome run? NO! Apparently vacation without me is much too fun. If you're not careful I'll have to seek more retail therapy ;) See you tonight!

TRI Vortex 2:52 PM, July 24, 2007  

The great thing about vacation workouts...for some reason they don't feel like workouts.

RunBubbaRun 11:26 PM, July 26, 2007  

So you are actually going to do it, go Hairless, they say it does grow back thicker.. Just warning the wifey..

Good luck at the Half IM..Great running on the 10 miler..

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.