WHY AM I NOT SUPER FAT?!?!?

>> Monday, July 23, 2007

This past week, I kept track of my daily caloric intake for 2 days because I was curious. Tuesday I consumed nearly 4,200 calories and Wednesday I had over 4,500 calories. AND I’M STILL LOSING WEIGHT!! Before I officially started training, I would always float around 160 pounds. I dropped a few lbs, and thought nothing of it. Then I dropped under 150 and got a little scared. This past week, I was under 148. I’m wasting away!

Al had suggested weight training to add some mass, but I’ve been doing that for nearly 10 years. I’ve actually been losing a lot of that muscle during all of my training. And I think that I’m actually getting slower on the bike. As long as I can cover the distance, I guess I can’t complain...

I’m currently on a short family vacation in Alexandria, MN. We are staying at a little cabin on Lake Mary, and I was hoping to do a good open water swim this morning. But I woke up to a lot of fog. And I thought that would just be stupid to go swim in that. So here I am sitting at Caribou instead. For those of you doing Chisago Sprint or Half IM this weekend, I’ll see you out there! Make sure to say “hi!”

11 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos 8:40 AM, July 23, 2007  

Okay, get thee to a doctor. Yeah -- you. Doctor. Soon. Like maybe after vaca?

You could have superhero metabolism. Or, idonno, a tapeworm. Gross, but possible. And if you *do* have a tape worm, I want pictures.

In the mean time, enjoy your vacation!

greyhound 9:13 AM, July 23, 2007  

It's because you're a lean, mean, triathlon macheen!

You don't need all that weight on the bike and run.

Spandex King 9:37 AM, July 23, 2007  

Have a milkshake,cheeseburger and fries for me.
Thanks

xt4 12:52 PM, July 23, 2007  

Probably just a jacked up metabolism, dude - your body is still burning fat when you're in a highly trained state of being, even when you're resting or sleeping (or even eating) or whatever. If you feel okay - not lethargic or otherwise ill - then probably you're just reaping the rewards. Or suffering for them. Whichever.

John 2:01 PM, July 23, 2007  

I agree with xt4... as long as your feeling healthy.

I updated my ride post...

Lance Notstrong 3:12 PM, July 23, 2007  

You're proving my theory on the bike. The "beefy" guys can always "push a monster gear" and go faster :-(

Allez 7:28 AM, July 24, 2007  

Could you take some high protein weight building supplement to help put some pounds on?

Lance Notstrong 8:23 AM, July 24, 2007  

Allez, are you speaking of "Weight Gain 4000"? BEEF CAKE!!! :-)

Steve Stenzel 11:52 AM, July 24, 2007  

BEEFCAKE!!!!!

I'm glad someone else thinks that leaner dudes go slower on the bike. My big, burly brother-in-law just got a nice bike, and it won't be long before he can kick my ass.

Jessica 10:23 AM, July 26, 2007  

Hi! Thanks for visiting my site, we're virtually neighbors (fellow St. Paulite)

I have this same problem you describe. But I don't have worms, I have a baby ;)

I have dramatically increased my fat intake (mostly good) like avocados, cheese, peanut butter, etc... OK, also ice cream.

Anyway, I stopped wasting away. I too am surprised I'm not super fat with all I can consume on a daily basis.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.