The Ironman-In-Training Curse

>> Sunday, August 26, 2007

It’s a huge paradox. A bit of a catch-22. Maybe a little ironic too. I have 2 points to make:

1. Training for an Ironman gives you an awesome body.
With all of that training, one achieves great muscle definition, super-duper stamina, increased lung capacity, and just a sweet, sweet body. Hmmm... a married couple, both training for an Ironman, both young and fit... Do I need to paint you a picture?

“Let’s stay in tonight...” Wink, wink. I think you know what I’m taking about.

Sex. I’m taking about sex. Young, hot, fit, SMOOTH, sweaty, IM-in-training sex.

That leads me to point number 2: The Paradox:

2. Training for an Ironman makes you tired.
Very tired. This is a conversation that takes place a few times a week in our bedroom around 11 pm. The 2 members of this conversation are just “A” and “B” because Pharmie or I may play either roll on any given night.

A: “Ummm...ya wanna?”

B: “Well...I don’t know. I have to hit the pool early tomorrow.”

A: “I guess I’m pretty pooped anyway. And I need to get up and bike early tomorrow. Maybe we can have some ‘Mommy and Daddy time’ sometime soon.”

B: *snoring*

A: *snoring*

Stupid paradox. Here are my emotions summed up in a photo:

14 comments:

Trisaratops 10:43 PM, August 26, 2007  

LOL!

That photo says a thousand words.

RunBubbaRun 10:45 PM, August 26, 2007  

Far Wayyy to much TMI,

But I totally understand. Try to explain your tired or need to workout to a wife that is not IM training.

I think I would be on floor sleeping by the time that picture got taken.

Gordon 9:08 AM, August 27, 2007  

lol

that picture is priceless.

Michelle 9:25 AM, August 27, 2007  

Love it! As always, I'm laughing.

Spokane Al 11:15 AM, August 27, 2007  

Great point. Glad to see that you still had enough energy to craft it.

Kim 11:53 AM, August 27, 2007  

right.... what is sex again?

greyhound 12:30 PM, August 27, 2007  

No kids at home? At least 10 years younger than me? At 8 o'clock, it should be business time.

Maybe this is what the taper is for? I don't remember seeing this in Joe Friel's book.

Collin Kromke 9:55 PM, August 27, 2007  

As a married guy myself with a wife who's just recently started running, I can say that post is as true as it is funny!

Andra Sue 11:42 AM, August 28, 2007  

Damn funny...but only because it's true! I feel like that picture too, sometimes. :)

Wedgie 1:19 PM, August 28, 2007  

You post cat-licking and shaving photos, but we don't get to see the hot toned IM-couple erotica pics? Boo!

And at the risk of being creepy (but you started it), I'm wondering what kind of role-playing goes on behind those closed IM doors. I think Steve puts on his Professor Dork clothes and makes Pharmie stay after class.

Lance Notstrong 4:39 PM, August 28, 2007  

That's the funniest picture I've ever seen!!!

Why can't you just get to the bedroom before 11:00? Say 10:55 LOL!!!

bigmike600 10:09 AM, August 29, 2007  

Thanks for the stroll over to my blog. My wife and I are volunteering doing body marking so it is possible you will run into us. (My penmanship is bad so hopefully someone else will mark you). We'll be at the finish from about 6PM to midnight so we should see you cross.

teacherwoman 8:24 PM, August 29, 2007  

Now that is hilarious! I can so see your point! Catch-22 it is!

Oly 1:52 AM, August 30, 2007  

That is my life at night, but I make it up during the day.

It's more fun in the light!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.