Fall Fitness Updates

>> Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I hope to be doing a duathlon on October 14 in Osceola, WI. It’s short, so we’ll see if I have any speed left in me. It’s a 3 mile run, 22 mile bike, and a 1 mile run. That’s right, a 1 mile run. Sounds like a blast.

Here’s the problem. On a bike ride a week after the Ironman, I hurt my right knee.

That’s right, I hurt my GOOD knee! What the hell!?

I’m meeting with my old PT tomorrow to see if I really screwed myself. For a while, I thought I had torn something. Not good. But it's been getting better in the last few days, so I’m hopeful. I had an OK 4+ mile run last night. We’ll see if my PT tells me if the duathlon is a good idea or not.

Also, Pharmie is running her 8th consecutive Twin Cities Marathon this Sunday. It also happens to be her birthday on Sunday. So...that means I (along with her brother and other trouble-makers) have some devious, devious plans for being her cheering section. She has no idea. Here's a clue: E-I-E-I-O. Have I said too much? Maybe.

Stay tuned for the marathon report next. It'll be worth it...

5 comments:

Lance Notstrong 1:24 PM, October 02, 2007  

If she reads your blog, you're warning her!!!

Iron Girl Nyhus 2:45 PM, October 02, 2007  

I'll be there... so I'll keep my eyes peeled for some e-i-e-i-o!

Laura

Unknown 4:29 PM, October 02, 2007  

You should get a card that all of us bloggers can have you "sign" for us!

Marcy 6:24 PM, October 02, 2007  

At least you didn't hurt your weiner. Just trying to look on the bright side :P

greyhound 7:58 AM, October 03, 2007  

I feel your pain. I went the whole Ironman year with nary an injury, and now, even after appropriate rest and very little training, I've got tendonitis and owies in places that were fine all year. WTF???

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.