A Huge, Fuzzy Cock

>> Monday, October 08, 2007

OK, it’s not what you think. I don’t wanna leave you hanging, so here’s the way I spent yesterday:



Yep, that’s me as a rooster. And that’s Pharmie getting ready to run her 8th consecutive Twin Cities Marathon on her 27th birthday! Here’s the whole gang:


That’s “Farmer Mike” with his 3 animals: Jon the Pig,
Matt the Cow, Steve the Rooster.
Oh...and 2 runners, Steph and Pharmie

Pharmie did NOT go to my blog after I asked her not to, and she was completely surprised to come down the steps yesterday morning to see us 4 in costume. She couldn’t stop laughing! Pharmie’s Mom thought we were NUTS!! And her little cousin Grant thought we were hilarious! We hopped in Matt’s car and drove off to the start line.

We made SOOO many friends out there! Everyone was stopping to take photos of us or to have us say hi to their kids. What a great day! We saw the runners off and spent the whole day screaming and yelling for them! Here are some photos from the day:







It was 75 degrees at the start, and it only got hotter and more humid as the day went on. It was hot out there for the runners, and HOT out there for us in costume. People were going down quicker than Senator Larry Craig in a Minneapolis airport bathroom! Zing! No, seriously, it was warm and gross. The runners had to be careful out there. The animal suits were soaked through by the time the starting gun went off! But we still had a BLAST! Runners were high-fiving us like crazy! In fact, there were many runners that would see us from the other side of the course and they’d shoot across the road so they could high-five us before running past. Everyone was laughing! I was screaming so loud! I’m still hoarse, and my throat is still sore! Not only that, but my ears are still ringing because my screaming voice got trapped inside of that giant head and was quite loud for me!


Pharmie’s cousin Grant and I


Chewing on Matt’s tail

I tried to keep the cheering fresh and new:
“I’m too chicken to run a marathon!”
and
“I’m just as hot as you guys!”
and, my personal favorite
“If you’re seeing farm animals, you’ve got heat stroke!”

Pharmie and her sister Steph did AWESOME! It was Stephs very first marathon! Here’s some photos of them in action:


Pharmie at mile 15


Steph at mile 15


Pharmie about a half-mile from the finish

It was a super fun day. I saw a lot of bloggers out there, cheering or running: Tac Boy, Laurie, IronJenny, and Cadesdad. I saw Pharmies friends husband, Tony. I ran into an old high-school classmate, Annie. And I made TONS of friends!!! What a great, flippin’ day! Congrats to all runners!!!

After the finish, Pharmie and I posed for a photo:


I’m the one on the right

Then Matt the Cow did something inappropriate with his tail:



And then, for no good reason, we all stopped by the local Y that Pharmie and I go to, and we posed in the classic “YMCA” pose:



If only my students knew how I spent my weekend...

p.s. I made the cover of the St. Paul Pioneer Press today! Hilarious! Isn't there something more important than a giant chicken to be reporting about?

31 comments:

LittleRachet 9:02 AM, October 08, 2007  

That is too funny! I'm sure it helped keep everyone in good spirits.

RunBubbaRun 9:12 AM, October 08, 2007  

Hey you made the Funnies in the paper.. Way cool..

Great out there, I sure it was hot as hell out there.. Great pics and congrats to the wifey on her marathon run..

You guys are truly nuts.. I wish I was there to dress up as well.

The (IRON) Clyde 9:18 AM, October 08, 2007  

Dude this is effing hilarious.

Unknown 10:21 AM, October 08, 2007  

Dear Lord...what next?

bigmike600 11:19 AM, October 08, 2007  

Wow. That totally rocks. Super funny. I bet you were the topic of conversation at a lot of dinner tables after the race.
Nice job and congrats on the photo op.

greyhound 12:03 PM, October 08, 2007  

We'd all be better off if the news spent more time on guys in chicken costumes. Well done.

Andra Sue 12:18 PM, October 08, 2007  

I love how the cow is wearing Keens. At least he knows how to keep his hooves comfortable! :D

xt4 12:18 PM, October 08, 2007  

Holy crap that was hysterical.

Whoohoo Pharmie!

Gordon 12:27 PM, October 08, 2007  

lol

Steve, that's hilarious. I was sweating through a t-shirt and shorts just standing on the corner cheering, so I can only imagine how hot you guys must have been. That's awesome you made the front page as well. I'll have to ask my sister if she saw you guys out there.

Tracy 12:44 PM, October 08, 2007  

YAY PHARMIE! And happy belated b-day! OMG how funny, you guys probably made a lot of people's day out there, I can't believe you wore all that stuff in the crazy heat!

Laurie 1:33 PM, October 08, 2007  

You rock! Costumes at races are about the best thing ever. I'm so glad I ran into you a few times too. I love that you made the front page of the newspaper.

Congrats to Pharmie and happy birthday again!

E-Speed 1:36 PM, October 08, 2007  

priceless. Glad Pharmie had a good day and that you guys gave everyone out there a good laugh!

P.O.M. 2:31 PM, October 08, 2007  

Looks like you had too much fun!! I'm sure everyone appreciated the laughs. Do you feel like flying to Long Beach this weekend? ha ha. kidding.

Nancy 3:29 PM, October 08, 2007  

what a fun idea. i'm sure the girls really appreciated it.

Marcy 4:01 PM, October 08, 2007  

OMFG you.rock. I loovvveeee it! When I run a marathon, I'm calling you for cheering support LOL

Lori 4:09 PM, October 08, 2007  

That is awesome! Just imagine the extra push you gave so many people to get through that hot race!!! You guys are freaking awesome!

Unknown 7:08 PM, October 08, 2007  

That is totally hysterical!! How awesome of you guys to do that!!

Taconite Boy 7:35 PM, October 08, 2007  

Seeing a chicken, pig and cow at the finish line made my day perfect. Tac also became kinda hungry?!

Thanks for cheering!

Rainmaker 7:58 PM, October 08, 2007  

Your post titles get better every single post. Nice job toughing it out!

21stCenturyMom 8:17 PM, October 08, 2007  

That is SO hilarious!! I needed the laugh, too. Thanks for making the ultimate sacrifice of sweating it out in those costumes. You probably saved more than one person's race!

MissAllycat 9:44 PM, October 08, 2007  

You guys totally rock!!

This gives new meaning to "Rock out with your cock out"!

:)

Jumper 2.0 10:16 PM, October 08, 2007  

Hey Steve,

Two major races and still haven't been able to meet you and your wife!

Tell your wife congrats (I would but she doesn't blog near as much as you do).

Take good care of your cock so you can use it again next year!!!

the Dread Pirate Rackham 10:28 PM, October 08, 2007  

I have never seen a yellow cock...until now.

Nice.

Tri-Dummy 6:54 AM, October 09, 2007  

Darn. I was going to write that one of those pics contained all of my favorite foods.

Then I saw that it had a big, hairy, uglee dude in it.

That would have been gay.

Great pics, homey.

Michelle 8:21 AM, October 09, 2007  

You are the scariest looking chicken/rooster/cock (whatever) that I've ever seen! I'm sure you made a lot of people laugh.

Allez 10:23 AM, October 09, 2007  

Holy crap, that is SO funny! And of course out of the 2 animals, you picked the huge cock! What a great way to support Pharmie :-)

Anonymous,  2:19 PM, October 09, 2007  

Your students DO know how your spend your weekend.

From Jessica Flaherty (your student)

Ps. Double Zing!

Lance Notstrong 9:34 AM, October 10, 2007  

That's awesome Steve!!! I want to be just like you when I grow up!!! Excellent idea.....I may have to steal it :-)

Lance Notstrong 9:34 AM, October 10, 2007  
This comment has been removed by the author.
SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) 12:34 PM, October 10, 2007  

THat's so hilarious that one of your students busted you!!!!
I ran Grandma;s a couple years back as a hula dancer with 4 other girls. I don't know why more people don't dress up...
You guys doing the Monster Dash?

Anonymous,  10:01 PM, October 13, 2007  

Love it, Steve! I don't know how SLS puts up with it but it's hilarious! I love farm animals!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.