So I’m Starting To Get Hairy...

>> Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My last full-body shave was the day before IM WI just over 2 months ago. While my “full winter coat” has not fully grown in, I AM getting close to pre-Ironman body-hair coverage. I don’t think Pharmie is OK with that. In fact, I KNOW Pharmie isn’t happy with my body hair. She wants it all gone again.

But I didn’t think it would come to this...

Yesterday, when I got home work, there was a package on the porch. “I didn’t order anything from Amazon,” was my first thought. I didn’t know what it could be. When I opened the box, I found this inside:



Yep, that’s a box of 10, count em’, TEN boxes of body wax! Wow, someone’s trying to send me a not-so-subtle message!

Well, then I realized that it was not meant for me. Those boxes were “bikini wax.” Yep, Pharmie would not want me to just clean up "that area" "down there." It's not something she would like. If these were meant for me, I’d end up looking like this:



...and that’s NOT a good look!


Oh, and if you’d like something to do on Thanksgiving morning, they’ll be a bunch of us running a 5K at 8:30 that morning. Last year, we did the Turkey Day 5K in downtown Minneapolis, but that run was just too full – it was insanity. So this year, we’re doing the 5K in Como Park in St. Paul. It should be quieter and smaller and hopefully fast (I’ll try to break 19 minutes again). Let me know if you’ll be there so we can meet up and say “hi!”

16 comments:

Jennifer P 2:51 PM, November 13, 2007  

I'm glad boobies made your day. If you visit my blog often you'll find that it's a swim/boob/bike/boob/run/boob sorta place.
And I think you're fibbing about the wax. I SO know it's yours.

Lori 3:26 PM, November 13, 2007  

Holy cow! If that's not a hint, I don't know what is. Better get to waxing...and screaming :X

Unknown 4:01 PM, November 13, 2007  

Just cuz it says it's for the bikini line doesn't mean it won't work on all parts of the body. Warm wax, spread, and let 'er RIP!

Bigun 5:57 PM, November 13, 2007  

since when is Chewie a sheila?

triguyjt 7:37 PM, November 13, 2007  

The tan lines are a killer sir.
check my blog..i propped you bigtime mr. speedo.
triguyjt in cleveland

Marcy 8:55 PM, November 13, 2007  

Dude, Mallie totally has a point. Just because it says "bikini" doesn't mean you can't slather some of that one the chest area :P Get to it!!

Allez 7:14 AM, November 14, 2007  

Love to hear about the body hair! :-)

Dances with Corgis 9:57 AM, November 14, 2007  

the self administered bikini wax is a pretty brutal endeavor. ***shudder*** i tried it once... and never went back.

teacherwoman 7:41 PM, November 14, 2007  

I would love to join y'all in the cities for the 5K... but I will be doing the Trot in Bismarck again! Have fun!! :)

Tri-Dummy 6:30 AM, November 15, 2007  

I thought those wookie pants were the other way around?

akshaye 2:59 PM, November 15, 2007  

that was hilarious!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Peter 3:00 PM, November 15, 2007  

I'm with Bigun. How did your look become a pic of covered front buns in a bikini? Wookie not pleased!

ShirleyPerly 7:07 PM, November 15, 2007  

Definitely don't wanna look like THAT. The only thing worse than a banana hammock is a missing banana.

Good luck breaking 19 this weekend!

the Dread Pirate Rackham 11:20 PM, November 15, 2007  

waxing? not to be attempted lightly. get professional help.

CoachLiz 6:03 AM, November 16, 2007  

May the force be with you when you use that wax.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.