Tesfa 5K Results and Thanksgiving 5K Photos

>> Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Tesfa 5K results from a few weeks ago are finally up. This was my first win (although it was only in a field of 64 runners):



And here are some official photos from the Thanksgiving 5K where I placed 2nd in 18:43 (if you didn’t see my outfit, make sure to check out the previous post):


Finishing the 1st lap, in 4th place


Finishing the 1st lap on the far left


Steph, Jon, and Pharmie on the far right
(with a women in blue in front of all of them)


Coming down the finishers chute on the left
(lapping those finishing their first lap)


Crossing the finish line
(behind the guy in the orange hat starting his 2nd lap)


Cheering for others after the finish (by the cars)


Cheering and clapping

This weekend, we went home for my in-laws wedding anniversary. Their 2 boys, along with Jon and myself, bought matching shirts for when we all went bowling:



The shirts have a stick figure on it blowing a fart-cloud and holding a sign that says “Free Gas.” We had a great time!

This next weekend, I’m planning on running the Reindeer Run 5K in Minneapolis. Am I going to see any of you out there?? I think it’s the same Lake Harriet loop as the Monster Dash. If the weather isn’t super crappy, I may bust out a similar outfit! Stay tuned!!!...

21 comments:

Anonymous,  3:46 PM, November 25, 2007  

love the shirts; cute guys! :)

Marcy 4:08 PM, November 25, 2007  

Duuuuuuuuuuddee I didn't realize you were only 26! Dang you're such a youngin' :P

Sweet job homie!! You rock!!!

Brooke 6:17 PM, November 25, 2007  

A win is a win in my book. Congrats.

Unknown 6:59 PM, November 25, 2007  

Congrats on your win! Can't imagine how it must have felt to be beat (and lapped!) by the guy in tighty whities. Ouch.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" 7:44 PM, November 25, 2007  

Steve with that outfit you have to be fast. Great race and love the shirts.

teacherwoman 8:48 PM, November 25, 2007  

Dude! Awesome race! I guess i can't blame the cold weather on my pitiful 5K turkey trot results, huh?!

Spokane Al 10:17 PM, November 25, 2007  

Great pictures and a great race. I also must agree that it could be a tad disheartening to be passed by some guy wearing his underwear on the outside.

P.S. Your win is one more that I shall ever see.

Anonymous,  9:46 AM, November 26, 2007  

Pretty cool, I bet, to see your name at the top of the list for 1st overall finisher!

teekayes1 11:25 AM, November 26, 2007  

I'll be on the lookout for you Saturday at the Reindeer Run. Rest assured I'll be in the back as my fitness is completely gone and has been replaced with a spare tire.

Bigun 3:27 PM, November 26, 2007  

well done, young man....ug, did I really just type that? I never wanted to be "that" guy...the one calling everyone "young man"...slap me, someone, quickly

Afternoon Tea With Oranges 3:39 PM, November 26, 2007  

Dang - you are fast! And intimidating, too, with that outfit!! Hilarious! Looks like you guys had a great time - congrats on the PR!

Theoutofshapeguy 4:14 PM, November 26, 2007  

Congrats on a awesome race and for having the guts to wear what you did!

IronTriTim 6:36 PM, November 26, 2007  

Congrats on the result, looking very wintery.

Nat 6:56 PM, November 26, 2007  

Wow Steve, great job on the outfit. Oh and your race was pretty good too!

Lucinda 11:58 PM, November 26, 2007  

That's brilliant! Well Done.

I love the outfit...along with the free gas one.

all class.


fatassassin.blogspot.com

the Dread Pirate Rackham 12:06 AM, November 27, 2007  

omg no wonder you are fast. Not only are you like, YOUNG, you have da tighty whiteys! Please divulge more of your secrets - I must learn them all to acquire the superpower speed.

RunBubbaRun 6:00 AM, November 27, 2007  

Congrats again on your race. For some reason every time I look at your pics, I keep looking at your ASS and those undies.. NOt a good feeling.

Good luck at the 5k.

Lori 10:37 AM, November 27, 2007  

Holy mother it looks COLD! I think the secret to the first/second place finishes is that everyone else is rolling on the ground laughing at your get-ups as you fly by ;)

Michelle 12:53 PM, November 27, 2007  

You're a 5K addict! Rock on.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) 9:24 PM, November 27, 2007  

It's been said already, but I cannot imagine what it feels like to the other guys gunnin' it... only to be beat by the guy in the underpants.
I can't stop giggling about it!

CoachLiz 11:21 PM, November 28, 2007  

The Free Gas shirts rock!!! My kid would love that shirt. I would get in trouble for letting him wear it to school though...

That snow in the pics is freaking me out. It was in the low 70's today in Houston.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.