VOTE FOR STEVE IN A SPEEDO!!

>> Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A blogger buddy, Kim, recently nominated my blog for the “RaceAthlete Best Endurance Sport Blog of 2007.” There were about 40 blogs nominated. I then made the cut into the Top 10 as chosen by a panel at RaceAthlete (along with many other blogger buddies!). And now the judging has begun!! YOU, the general public, need to vote for your favorite. HOPEFULLY, you’ll vote for STEVE IN A SPEEDO?! GROSS! Please follow this link to go vote.

Now comes the sell: Why should you vote for my blog? I can persuade you to vote for me with these 5 easy categories (and lots of small versions of photos from the past year of blogging):

#1. I’m Real!


(I bleed and I burn)


(my toenails fall off and so does the loose skin after treating plantars warts)


(just a nerdy professor who sometimes gets sent to the ER)


(I bleed and I eat. Man, do I eat.)


(anyone remember what this image was for?...)

#2. Ironman 2007!





#3. I’m Educational!


(how to rid your body of hair)


(final touch-ups)


(proper snot-rocket form)


(how to recover after a century ride)


(this just HAS to be educational on some level)

#4. I’m Entertaining!






(footie-pajama Christmas card from last year)

#5. I’m Hairy!




(and my cats lick the sweat off of me)


(then I became hair-free)

If you need one last reason to vote for me, consider this: I’ve never cheated on my wife. Never even thought about it. However, I have thought about cheating on my bike (I mean, who doesn’t lust over other bikes?).

As a “thanks” to all of you (if I’m lucky enough to get your votes and win this thing), I’ll host a party at my home in St. Paul. You’ll all be invited. Seriously. There’ll be food. And spiked Gatorade.

Please, go vote: http://teamraceathlete.weebly.com/1/post/2007/12/please-vote-for-your-favorite-best-blog-of-2007.html. As soon as you vote and click the “Cast Your Vote” button at the bottom, you’ll see the current ranking. Tell your friends! Have them vote! Vote at home, school, and work! Thank you!!

28 comments:

Tri+Umph 10:06 PM, December 04, 2007  

Consider yourself voted for, Steve!

The photographic reminders definitely helped your cause, even if I was eating when I came across the pictures of you falling apart.. and mostly naked.

RunBubbaRun 10:33 PM, December 04, 2007  

I alrady voted for ya brother, eventhough I have seen more of your nakedness than I ever wanted to.

CoachLiz 10:38 PM, December 04, 2007  

yes, I do remember what the picture of the dancing mice was about. :0)

Rainmaker 11:41 PM, December 04, 2007  

I think the photos do somehow get more and more disturbing in the montage format. You begin to truly understand your full (odd) character... ;)

Nonetheless..votage complete!

MissAllycat 2:16 AM, December 05, 2007  

What a delightful recap. :)

The vote has been cast!

Kim 7:21 AM, December 05, 2007  

well i didnt make the top 10, but so proud that you did! you got my vote buddy!

Spandex King 8:28 AM, December 05, 2007  

You had my vote from the day 1.

Your blog is so informational. Sometimes it�s way to informational!!

But you always make me laugh. I have my wife read your blog also. Then I don't seam quite so crazy. :)

teekayes1 9:17 AM, December 05, 2007  

Done and done.

Well done at the Reindeer Run. Sorry I missed you. I have no excuses other than I'm a giant marshmellow.

Spokane Al 9:47 AM, December 05, 2007  

I was definitely voting for you, then must admit that I waivered a bit after viewing all that blood, and finally got myself back together and gave you my vote.

Just kidding - you are a lock in my book.

greyhound 10:11 AM, December 05, 2007  

Poor Pharmie. She had to relive all those TMI moments from the last year all in one post.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland 10:21 AM, December 05, 2007  

I voted for you simply because every time I open one of your posts I have to wonder what my officemates are thinking...

Team Brazo 11:37 AM, December 05, 2007  

You have my vote -- anyone that has more hair than me desires a break!!

Marcy 11:41 AM, December 05, 2007  

Dude, you KNOW you have my vote. I'll spread the word on the street too :P

Anonymous,  12:48 PM, December 05, 2007  

Totally sold me with the "I've never cheated on my wife. Never even thought about it."

You're one funny and very cool dude!

Good luck!!!

J~Mom 1:31 PM, December 05, 2007  

You got my vote on the snot rocket pics.

Nat 7:08 PM, December 05, 2007  

Voted for you. My personal favorite is the disgusting photos of your chest after your cat licks it. That is just wrong on so many levels. Yet, I keep coming back to read more.

monica 10:08 PM, December 05, 2007  

been lurking for a while and haven't posted a comment. just today, while on my 3 hour ride, i was contemplating the perfect snot rocket. i think it has everything to do with the texture of the snot and whether it's "ready to rocket." if it isn't, it's not a pretty sight. i learned that the hard way today....

you got my vote and another egular reader...

Michelle 8:40 AM, December 06, 2007  

You are top blogger in my book. Anyone who makes me laugh like you do gets my vote!

Moon 9:12 AM, December 06, 2007  

I voted! Your entries always make me grin :)

Lance Notstrong 10:53 AM, December 06, 2007  

That last picture on reason #1 is of course the "getting busy after Ironman" picture :-)

You do "keep it real" Steve LOL!!!

Donald 12:36 PM, December 06, 2007  

This contest is great. I hadn't read your blog until now, and I love it. Good luck to you!

Tracy 1:52 PM, December 06, 2007  

God all in one place he puts it. A warning label man, something??

ShirleyPerly 2:53 PM, December 06, 2007  

OK, you've got my vote. I've seen and learned more than I cared to, but can't seem to stop from coming back for more. GOOD LUCK!!!

Caroline Houdek 3:07 PM, December 07, 2007  

WHAT! Why did I not receive a footie pajama Christmas Card last year?

I'm hurt. You had my vote until that... now I must think about it...

Sixteen Chickens 10:00 AM, December 09, 2007  

Ok, you did it, made me vote for you. Just don't shave the cat and I promise I won't change my vote. (If one fuzz ball is missing off that pussy I swear...)

Anonymous,  10:27 AM, December 27, 2007  

steve, i'm almost proud to call you my cousin. we're more a like than you realize. but you're still higher on the weirdness scale.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.