Swim Lesson, Half Marathon, and PARTY!

>> Sunday, January 06, 2008

Two days ago, I had my first swim lesson since I was 10 years old. Andrea, from our local Y, spent a half-hour working with me to help me with my breathing. She gave me 4 drills to work on to keep me from rolling onto my back to breath. I’ll put them to work and try to become more efficient in the water. Thanks Andrea!

I won’t be spending a ton of time in the water in the next few weeks because I’m training for the St. Paul Winter Carnival Half-Marathon at the end of January. This will actually be my first half mary! After Ironman, I stopped working out for a while. And then I started running a few 5Ks, so my long-distance legs were gone. About a month ago, I started ramping up my running again to get ready for that half. Last week I went 8 miles in 59 minutes, and this weekend I hit a 9-miler in 1:06:31.

Lastly, after the Winter Carnival Half Marathon, Pharmie and I are hosting a party at our house. This will be a housewarming / second-place-finish-for-blog-of-the-year party. The run is Saturday, January 26th, at 9 am. Afterwards, if there’s anyone we know running the race or cheering, they can stop over and warm up - we’re about 5 miles from the start of the race. Then, we’ll make a few kinds of chili and maybe some pizza, and family, friends, bloggers, neighbors, and whoever else can stop over can grab some grub and say hi! It’ll probably be from about 6 to midnight. You’re all invited if you can get to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area! Please e-mail me if you plan on attending so we know how much food to make and so I can give you our address: stevestenzelphotography@yahoo.com

More to come soon...

11 comments:

IronTriTim 4:33 PM, January 06, 2008  

Amazing what 1 swim lesson does to make you realise how much you can improve.
Afraid St Paul is a lttle far away.. but celebrate away your 2nd place blog finish! :-)

Anonymous,  7:14 PM, January 06, 2008  

bummer, I've got family coming into town for that race. Actually I'll be running it with my dad, so you'll probably be at home and snarfing down chilli as we're coming into the finish line! I'm praying we'll have weather like this weekend! Perfect!

triguyjt 7:55 PM, January 06, 2008  

steve..
great that you are getting the water work and technique in. I figure you kill on the run and bike so maybe some of this swim work will pay big dividends for you.

Jumper 2.0 9:39 PM, January 06, 2008  

Got ya on the calendar hairless dude!

I'll email ya!

brendaj 9:57 PM, January 06, 2008  

I love chili parties! Enjoy celebrating your blog award.

CoachLiz 11:44 PM, January 06, 2008  

Ok, now I am depressed. It took me 3 hours to go 18 miles this morning and you could have done it in 2:12. See, I told you I was a slow runner.

Now the swim is a different story. :0) I kick some @$$ on the swim. Ok, now I'm feeling better.

Lucinda 4:17 AM, January 07, 2008  

If only NZ were closer.

Damn

Trisaratops 7:27 AM, January 07, 2008  

Hey! Belated congrats to you from last year's second place blog winner.

Yours is way better than mine though. And hairier.

:)

monica 6:43 PM, January 07, 2008  

maybe i'll host a west coast party in your honor on the same day!! no wait, sorry, i've gotta ride 90 miles plus hills that day....damn ironman.

Taconite Boy 7:11 PM, January 07, 2008  

Trimama and Tac will try to make the party!

ShesAlwaysWrite 12:02 PM, January 14, 2008  

Bummer! We had been looking at being in your area that weekend so the baby could meet the great-grandparents, but it turns out I'm helping host a baby shower instead. I'd MUCH rather be hanging with tri bloggers than playing baby gift bingo!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.