More Proof That I’m A Hairy Beast

>> Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One of the things Pharmie got me for my birthday was a “hot towel shave” at a local salon. And last weekend, I had previously mentioned hot towel shave.

And it was sweet.

But it took the shaver a bit of work. He heated up my face with a hot towel (duh), and got out his straight “cut-throat” razor.



He half jokingly (but half serious) held the razor up right in front of my eye and said, “Once I start, DO NOT MOVE a muscle!”

He took care of my cheeks and jaw-line easily enough. Then he moved to my upper lip.


(Not me. Just used for demonstration purposes.)

The blade wasn’t cutting through my upper lip hair. My shaving man covered my face back up in the hot towel, said he needed to try a different approach, and left the room briefly. He came back with an electric hair clippers. For your head hair. Not for your facial hair. Unless you’re hairy, hairy Steve Stenzel.

He said my facial hair wasn’t that thick (as in, if I grew a mustache it would NOT fill out that well), but EACH HAIR was thicker than usual. Thick like a tree.

This confirms what we’ve known all along: I am one hairy mo-fo.

14 comments:

RunBubbaRun 5:58 AM, March 19, 2008  

Was there any doubts you are a "hairy mo fo"!!

Dana 11:20 AM, March 19, 2008  

I 2nd Run's statement!

greyhound 11:27 AM, March 19, 2008  

I used to go to an old-school, Cuban barber in Miami Beach when we lived there back in the 80s who gave a great, straight razor shave.

That was before I saw Sweeny Todd.

Fizzgig 12:08 PM, March 19, 2008  

Thanks for stopping by! I agree with greyhound, I watched Sweeney Todd this weknd, and I have a whole new outlook on this sorta thing, I mean, how can men even trust someone to do this to them?? Eeek!

And..P.s. Edwin is still around, he puts out new tunes every year too, and hes a rockin good time! yeaaaa!

J~Mom 2:30 PM, March 19, 2008  

What a nice present!

triguyjt 4:02 PM, March 19, 2008  

so, let me get this straight.
fewer hairs, but stouter hairs.

so... a microscopic man running through your mustache would feel like he is sprinting through a forest of those giant redwoods!!!!!

cool. Takes a special razor to take down a redwood

Brian 8:31 PM, March 19, 2008  

I've always wanted to try one of those shaves.

This is one event I'd go up against you. Who is harrier (if that's a word). My poor daughter. She was born with a full head of hair and her legs. Poor girl. She might have to move to europe.

Iron Girl Nyhus 8:14 AM, March 20, 2008  

Sweet! Not sure I would've trusted someone to put a sharp blade near my face.

Lance Notstrong 8:44 AM, March 20, 2008  

Isn't it the "thickness" that counts? LOL!!!

Kim 10:26 AM, March 20, 2008  

i cannot stand to watch men getting one of those shaving things. reminds me of the barbar of seville! the damn demon of fleet street!

Anonymous,  10:45 AM, March 20, 2008  

cool birthday present!

jahowie 1:30 PM, March 20, 2008  

Nice present. I've had a shave like that before and it's a nice clean feeling once it's over. I was scared to death the whole time he was doing it though. It also makes me think of Dumb and Dumber. LOL!! Remember the ketchup packet? :-)

Jade Lady 5:44 PM, March 20, 2008  

Mo-fo, had no idea they even made such things anymore! Sounds like an ideal present! How thoughtful!

Soapin' Cindy 6:06 AM, March 23, 2008  

Hairy men are the bomb...the more hair the better! You are a lucky man.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.