It’s Unanimous!

>> Friday, April 25, 2008

Well, I’m going to wear my new Rudy helmet on Sunday during the Winter BeGone Duathlon. Everyone who voted in my last post thought I should. Thanks for you input. But a SUPER THANKS to Joseph who let me know that the chin strap should NOT be on the outside of the ear-thingies like I was wearing it in the previous post. That would have made me a super poser! (Not to mention that I just said “ear thingies” which makes me a poser anyway...)

I’m excited for Sunday. It’s the first duathlon of the year, and we’re taking a small army down to compete in it. Pharmie and I will be doing the long course (3.1 mile run, 18 mile bike, 6.2 mile run). The most exciting part is that Borsch and Pharmie’s brother Matt will be coming with to do their FIRST duathlon! They’re trying out the short course (2 mile run, 12 mile bike, 2 mile run). AND there’s a chance that Pharmie’s sister Steph will do it too! Should be a fun day!

The one thing that could really ruin the day is the weather. The duathlon is called “Winter BeGone,” which is ironic because Sunday morning it’s supposed to be about 35-40 degrees, windy, and rainy. Gross. We’ll see how it goes. Check back Sunday night!

13 comments:

tracie 11:47 AM, April 25, 2008  

ooohhhh fun fun! have a great race! i'm sure you will be super fast in your super fancy helmet!

sRod 12:46 PM, April 25, 2008  

Wow, that weather sounds gross (I think you got it right). Hopefully your helmet of wonder will shield you from the elements.

duchossois 2:39 PM, April 25, 2008  

Calling the event 'Winter BeGone' is tweaking the noses of the weather gods. At least they didn't name it the 'No One Every Gets Hurt Bad In This Duathon'.

Unknown 2:47 PM, April 25, 2008  

Good luck...and stay warm and dry.

brendaj 4:16 PM, April 25, 2008  

Sounds like fun! I also like a product called Blister Free to keep running toes healthy.

Tea 5:51 PM, April 25, 2008  

I fall behind in my reading for about a week, and I feel like I missed out on all the good stuff....WAIT, this is STEVE's blog....there's always good stuff.

About the toe condom, does that come in a female version?

Molly 6:34 PM, April 25, 2008  

Have fun Sunday...make sure that Borsch does not morn the loss ofnStacy too much!
Take Care

CoachLiz 10:45 PM, April 25, 2008  

Hmm, I wonder if we can get a Du here in Texas called "Summer Stay Away" it was 87 here today.

Have fun on Sunday and let us know how the helmet did.

teacherwoman 7:01 AM, April 26, 2008  

Good luck tomorrow! I hope the weather doesn't get in your way! :)

Anonymous,  9:28 AM, April 26, 2008  

;-) No problem. Best of luck Sunday!

Unknown 10:09 AM, April 26, 2008  

Good luck with the duathlon! I am sure the helmet will help.

triguyjt 5:34 PM, April 26, 2008  

can they re-name it...

"Winter-Would-You_please-Leave??.

have fun with the family racing

Dana 1:05 PM, April 27, 2008  

I know u & the fam will kick butt! Give im' hell!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.