Things That Make Ya Go EEEWWWWWW!!!

>> Friday, April 18, 2008

First, a little training note to get us all up to date. Two weeks ago, I had a GREAT long run. I ran 14 miles in 1:36:41. I ran it well, I felt great at the end, and I was really proud of that run. Last week, I had a HORRIBLE 15 mile run in the rain/snow/slush. It took me 1:50, so it was quite a bit slower then the 14 miler, AND I felt like crap for the entire run. Here I am soaked afterwards:


You really can’t tell I’m soaked because I’m
just soaked through everywhere.

Yesterday, I had to run an 8 mile tempo run. This was going to be the redemption run from the shitty run of last weekend. I went out pretty hard, tried to keep it fast, and tried to negative spilt it. Mission accomplished - 24:45 first half, 24:20 second half, 49:05 overall, 6:08/mile pace. My “relf-esteem” is back on the way up (That’s short for “running self-esteem.” Think it will catch on? I don’t.)

There was one problem with yesterdays fast run: my middle toes were paying the price in my new shoes. The “little piggy that had roast beef” wasn’t happy. (Side note: Mmmm...roast beef.) My right foot started hurting 2 miles into the run. At the turn-around at mile 4, it was REALLY sore. After a few more miles, my left foot was hurting too. I just muscled through it. When I got home, before heading in for some Recoverite (which is like crack to me), I grabbed my camera. Here was my right foot, the sorest one:



I created a blister and rubbed it off during the run. My left foot, which wasn’t as sore, looked like this:



Yep, that’s a super nasty blood blister. And notice the REGULAR blister that had started forming ON TOP of the blood blister! It’s a 2-for-1 special!

I went inside and got ready to clean up. Here’s a nice close-up of the carnage:



The blood blister was super squishy, like a boob. And the regular blister on top of it was like a nipple on the boob. I’m not a scab-picker, but I AM a blister-popper, so I grabbed a little scissors and went right through the nipple and boob:



The 2 sets of fluid (from the regular blister and the blood blister) combined in a marriage of pusy goodness. It was like when you use Draino that has 2 separate compartments of liquid that meet up in your drain to do their job. It was just like that. Only it stung more than when I have to use Draino. I squeezed that sucker dry:



If you didn’t have a foot fetish before, I bet you have one now! Seriously, I have so many gross foot photos that I could probably start up some “gross foot photo fetish” website and make TONS of money. There HAS to be a market for that!

17 mile run on the books for this weekend. I’ve got plans for taking care of my toes. We’ll see how it goes!

29 comments:

Chad 1:51 PM, April 18, 2008  

Dude, that is some nasty stuff. If they had an award for grossest multi-sport blog, I don't think anyone else would get a vote.

Nice running by the way, 6:08 is cookin'.

Steve Stenzel 1:59 PM, April 18, 2008  

Thanks Chad. That "grossest multi-sport blog" comment really means a lot to me. Sadly.

Tri+Umph 2:02 PM, April 18, 2008  

Thanks Steve. Thanks.

Luckily, I just finished my mid-afternoon snack right before clicking on your blog. You didn't get to ruin my appetite (this time)!

TriGirl Thea 2:48 PM, April 18, 2008  

That is so utterly gross I cant quite find the words.

It actually looks a LOT like my feet did on Sunday after wearing heels on Saturday night. The difference is I didnt a) document the pseudo-medical procedures I engaed in next day...and b) didnt time my mile splits walking to and from the pub..

For the record I think your future posts should have parental advisory labels..


eeeeewwwwwwwwuuuuuch!

J~Mom 2:56 PM, April 18, 2008  

I am speechless. LOL Your feet look about like mine though. It's ok for a guy for a girl it's so unattractive. :>P

sRod 3:10 PM, April 18, 2008  

What the hell man? Can you give us warning next time? That is gross. I'm so happy with my beauty feet.

Wedgie 5:16 PM, April 18, 2008  

I'd just like to remind everybody that I have beautiful feet, as evidenced by my Gold Medal finish in the Tri Geek Dreams "Feet Olympics"

http://www.trigeekdreams.com/2006/06/going-for-gold.html

-Wedgie

Molly 7:14 PM, April 18, 2008  

Ugh..Uh, Oh
Oh my, I
I...just have no idea what to say...
Going to stare at my pedicured piggies for a while!
Take Care

IronTriTim 8:13 PM, April 18, 2008  

At least you gave us some warning that this might be a gross post. It was not enough, you just had to show the 2nd and 3rd photo.

Tracy 9:43 PM, April 18, 2008  

DUDE where were your Drymax socks!??? You're killing me here... did you really posted
drippage!?
? Good Lord, Pharmie, we need an intervention sister.

SWTrigal 9:52 PM, April 18, 2008  

Wow-cool graphics! Oh, wait-it is real-grooosssss....

RobbyB 10:07 PM, April 18, 2008  

Dude, shouldn't you use a sterilized needle? I like to burn the end of a needle and then use that to pop the blister. That and Nu-Skin works wonders.

CoachLiz 10:59 PM, April 18, 2008  

Whoa!!!

With feet like that I am surprised Pharmie lets you into bed with her. I ride my bike with out socks and I run a ton too, but my feet have only looked that bad once. I have learned my lesson and now buy bigger running shoes. Get those corn gel pads that slip over your toe and wear them under your socks. Is the seam on the sock causing that or is it stitching on the inside of the shoe?

When your feet hurt, your whole body hurts!

Mike 3:22 AM, April 19, 2008  

My kid's just been sick :) haha

tracie 7:30 AM, April 19, 2008  

steve's post run feet=ewwwwwww! :P

duchossois 9:46 AM, April 19, 2008  

Wonderful images...possibly the best documentation of blood blisters outside of a medical journal. I feel queasy now, so I'll go have a lie down.

Meg 11:24 AM, April 19, 2008  

I had to read that with my hand partially covering the computer screen! Ew!

Unknown 7:50 PM, April 19, 2008  

Ewwwwwwww.

I guess I don't run far or fast enough, because I've only had one black toenail (from running in hiking boots!) and one blister so far from running.

Knock on wood.

Dana 11:02 PM, April 19, 2008  

"Relf-esteem" could totally catch on! Ok,& Steve?..Seriously you need help those feet!...;-)

Soapin' Cindy 6:23 AM, April 20, 2008  

Dude...you need a "plan" to get control of your blister issues. You shouldn't live with such pain...

Marcy 8:47 AM, April 20, 2008  

Ummmmmmm dude, thanks but you totally gotta put a warning on these babies next time. I just threw up my breakfast :P

And seriously, Yaktrax at this time of year?!?! DANNNNNGGGG

Kellye Mills 8:49 AM, April 20, 2008  

I'm literally sitting here with my face all screwed up and gasping!! YUCK!! Good run though! :)

You're going to have to subscribe to that "Review this blog with Caution" if you keep this up!! :)

triguyjt 6:40 PM, April 20, 2008  

How do we know those are really your feet.???

Is it possible you are using a "stand in"

Sadly, I think not.

Anonymous,  6:40 PM, April 20, 2008  

You disgust me.

Just kidding. I love the gross-out stuff. The first thing I did after my first serious fall while running was to rush home and take photos. Didn't even cross my mind that I should, uh, stop the bleeding...

Born To Endure 11:30 AM, April 21, 2008  

I don't get it..and..yet I come back for more..((shaking head))...:-D

SM 7:15 PM, April 21, 2008  

Hopefully the cats were not around to lick that up too. You got my vote for the grossest multi-sport blog!

Fizzgig 10:27 AM, April 22, 2008  

I thought my blister photo was gross from yesterday. This puts it to shame. Mine was bigger, but yours are grosser! euuuuuw!

Jenna 3:24 PM, April 22, 2008  

WHY WHY WHY do I keep reading and scrolling for pics when I know it's gonna be a Steve Special???LMAO
Poor little piggies :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.