Apple Duathlon 2008: More Photos and Official Results

>> Monday, May 26, 2008

Here’s how I fared this past Saturday at the Apple Duathlon:

• 97 out of 269 overall
• 63 out of 233 in amateur competition
• 6 out of 15 in age group

• 18:47 5K run at 6:03 pace - 37 overall
• 1:00 T1
• 1:08:03 33K bike with 18.1 mph ave - 159 overall (ouch)
• 1:02 T2
• 19:34 5K run at 6:18 pace - 26 overall (sweet!)

1:48:25 final finishing time (PR by 6:05!)

Jeez, ya think my biking needs work? I suppose it would have been good to get in a ride or 2 in the last 4 weeks (seriously, my bike computer still had my time from the Winter Begone Duathlon on it when I cleared it before this past weekends race). Right now I’m really in “marathon training mode.” Once Grandma’s Marathon is in the bag, I’ll be working on that shitty bike time. For serious.

Here are some photos from Apple’s website that show Matt and I starting:


You can see my homemade achilles warmer,
and Matt is barely visible right next to my head


I’m on the right, and Matt’s in the navy top behind me
(nevermind my moose knuckle...)

In another interesting note, if you do a Google search for “apple duathlon photos,” three images pop up at the top. Two of them are from my race report in 2007, and the third is an ass:


I don’t know what to make of this...

Anyway, if you haven’t already read it, my full Apple Duathlon report was posted yesterday, so scroll down to check it out. Tomorrow, I have a long run scheduled. We’ll see how the left achilles holds up.

21 comments:

Born To Endure 1:51 PM, May 26, 2008  

That's one lucky red shirt eh??

J~Mom 1:51 PM, May 26, 2008  

Geesh dude you should have put those little yellow shorts over your bike shorts. :>0

Congrats on your race!

Dana 1:59 PM, May 26, 2008  

BIG congrats on your duathlon & good luck w/ your long run & your heel.

Marcy 6:55 PM, May 26, 2008  

Very nice Steve, very nice. The pointing out of the mooseknuckle was a most excellent touch :P

Kevin 7:06 PM, May 26, 2008  

Congrats on a great race

CoachLiz 8:47 PM, May 26, 2008  

I never knew what a "mooseknuckle" was until you schooled me. Maybe I should have stayed ignorant. Congratulations on a great race! And for Pharmie, please shave those legs!!!

Unknown 9:56 PM, May 26, 2008  

Great job on the PR! You are going to do awesome at Grandma's (of course, if that injury of yours stays home!) Great pictures and race report.

juliemac 9:57 PM, May 26, 2008  

great race report. great job on gw du and apple. awesome run splits!! that wind was tough!!
i was at both races. good luck at Grandma's!

Wedgie 10:55 PM, May 26, 2008  

The obvious line:

"Funny photo of the ass! Cool donkey too."

Kim 11:25 AM, May 27, 2008  

do you have camel toe in that picture? hot. great race steve, great job with the PR and the sweet sweet race photo on google.

Gotta Run..... 2:08 PM, May 27, 2008  

Lets see .... you smaked your runs... and what about the T1 and T2 times... just over a minute. this is something I need to practice.

Gotta love a google search :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com 5:45 PM, May 27, 2008  

18:47, 6:03 pace
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a speedy fkr--lol Nice PR, congrats on ur Apple Duathlon

I see u have the Drymax socks, I got them a few weeks ago... I like them but seem a bit thick but will use them for KM.

and way to close it out with a nice ICE Bath!! Love them!!

Michelle 8:08 PM, May 27, 2008  

every day is a learning day if you're just open to it.....mooseknuckle?! Never a dull post!

Anonymous,  8:26 PM, May 27, 2008  

Nice job on the race, and how cool that you pop up in the google search!

Good luck with the achilles :)

Unknown 8:57 PM, May 27, 2008  

Oh my gosh, the google search results...that has me in stitches.

Chad 9:30 PM, May 27, 2008  

Great race...always looking for new terms for the hardware. Thanks.

Viv 10:15 PM, May 27, 2008  

Great official results. I am LMAO at the google search!!

ShirleyPerly 6:11 AM, May 28, 2008  

Maybe the ass won that race?

Seriously, I've never seen so much room between bikes before. Glad to hear you're running well with the Anchilles thingy!

triblog carol 8:40 AM, May 28, 2008  

Steve,

I was writing a blog yesterday, and searched google images for "triathlon nerd". You come in 1st and 2nd place. YOU ARE AWESOME!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.