1 Day to the Square Lake Long Course Tri!

>> Saturday, September 06, 2008

This morning was the Square Lake Short Course Triathlon. I headed out to scope it out for the Half-Iron Distance that Pharmie and I are doing out there tomorrow. I ran into Nat (who was cheering like me) and AmyBee (who was smoking the course!). Here are some swimmers exiting the lake:



And here are some runners running down one of the many hills (on their way to the finish):



So the swim will be 2 loops tomorrow. I've only done one “2 loop swim,” and that was IM WI last year. The 2 loops should be fun.

And both the bike and the run will be hilly. Super.

I’ve decided that I’m not really wearing anything funny on the bike. I’m a little too concerned about making sure I head out NICE and SLOW so I’m able to finish that hilly ride in decent shape for the run. But then I’m DEFINITELY wearing the Grim Reaper costume on the run! (Or at least for as much of it as I can - I'm not going to die from heat stroke under that thing...) I’ll be back in about 24 hours with some fun photos from the event (and hopefully one hell of a story)!!

Good luck to all the IM WI athletes tomorrow!!!

12 comments:

teacherwoman 2:10 PM, September 06, 2008  

Goodluck and have fun tomorrow!

I can't believe I was the first one to post on here!

IronGambit 2:14 PM, September 06, 2008  

it reminds me of Family Guy

Trishie 3:49 PM, September 06, 2008  

Have a great race, "death"!

C 3:56 PM, September 06, 2008  

Have a great race tomorrow! I look forward to seeing the pics.

TriCajun 5:32 PM, September 06, 2008  

Can't wait to see the pics, wild man!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 7:16 PM, September 06, 2008  

Hey STEVE!

Good luck tomorrow at Square Lake. You will rock. You will have fun. You are sure to help others have fun.

It was great to see you out there today. "you look just like your pictures!"

But...where was the Yellow Bowl of Sunshine?

Anonymous,  8:00 PM, September 06, 2008  

Good luck and have a blast out there!! I don't think I even need to tell you that ;-)

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Wendy 9:20 PM, September 06, 2008  

Good luck and HAVE FUN!

Tea 9:44 PM, September 06, 2008  

Good LUCK! I can't wait to hear about it! I'm just dying to see the pictures.

chia 9:50 PM, September 06, 2008  

I'm starting to think some PAM cooking spray might be faster than the bodyglide at T2.

Hey, if it works for tofu fries, it could possibly save your wobbly bits.

Sonia 11:31 PM, September 06, 2008  

Good luck tomorrow! We definitely need some pic, but I thought you were a little more hardcore and would wear your costumes in the 3 events... I'm a little disappointed in you Steve!! ;-)

Jess 9:39 AM, September 07, 2008  

By now, you're probably finished, so I hope it went well! Can't wait to hear the "Grim report"!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.