More 5 Hour Spin Class Photos

>> Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So all of us claimed to feel pretty good Monday morning after our LONG spinning class (Steph, Borsch, and I called it quits after about 3 hours and 20 minutes; Matt held out for 4 hours; and my rockstar wife Pharmie went for all 5!). Our legs were tired, but really not bad at all!

Here are some more photos from Borsch. Here’s Pharmie and I as we’re starting out (notice my camera in my hand - such a geek):



Here we are 2 hours into the ride. It looks like I’m FORCING a smile:



And here we are 3 hours into the ride. I’m looking more chipper because I know I’ll be quitting soon, and it looks like Pharmie is praying for the sweet release of death:



Meanwhile, Pharmie’s brother Matt (who is my teammate in our duathlon team of “Team Happy Pants”) is USUALLY a pretty attractive guy. I don’t know what happened in these 2 shots that Borsch took of him. This one is just weird:


What are you doing Matt?

And this one takes the cake: Steph looks happy, Matt looks stoned, and I think that might be Borsch’s armpit hair on the right:


Weird.

So I hopped off the spinning cycle after 3:20, and then did a quick 5 mile run-off on a suckmill. Borsh snapped this sweaty photo of me at about mile 3. FYI: my bicep is NOT that big in real life - there’s some AMAZING motion-blur that is REALLY working in my favor in this shot:



A few people asked in my first post about the 5 hour spin if this was for “training” or for “fun.” Well, Pharmie and I are upping our mileage for Ironman 70.3 New Orleans which is just 5 weeks away! The other 3 in our group were riding to give a boost to their duathlon training (our first du is about 8 weeks away, and I think all 5 of us will be doing it!).

If you missed the full story (and the original pics) of the 5 hour spinning class, scroll down 2 posts (past the photos of my sexy bike) and check it out. (It was the post from Sunday evening.) Thanks all!

p.s. Regarding the photo of my 1600 calories of food brought to the spin class: I should make it known that I only consumed around 1100 during (and shortly after) the ride. One of my main goals for that long spinning class was to NEVER GET HUNGRY. I had a major bonk during the run of my last half Ironman because I forgot to keep eating as I was nearing the end of the bike. That will NOT happen in New Orleans!!

p.p.s. (totally unrelated) OMG. I saw a commercial that made me LOL while watching TV Monday night. Have you seen this Quarter Pounder commercial about running a marathon? It’s good stuff!!


Here’s the direct link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUOip5vGSqc

33 comments:

Kara 4:26 AM, February 25, 2009  

Steve, I see you posted this at 3 a.m.--are you up nursing a baby, too??

jeanne 4:48 AM, February 25, 2009  

dang, that's amazing! and an amazing class. i'm lucky if our lame spin instructor lasts a full 45 minutes! nice job!

jeanne 4:48 AM, February 25, 2009  

dang, that's amazing! and an amazing class. i'm lucky if our lame spin instructor lasts a full 45 minutes! nice job!

jeanne 4:48 AM, February 25, 2009  

I really meant it, too.

Jumper 2.0 5:11 AM, February 25, 2009  

Is that suppose to be stretching that they are doing for that commercial?

It is too funny!

I'm hungry!

duchossois 5:22 AM, February 25, 2009  

Good work spinning for 3:20 then tagging on a 5 mile run. You are one tough dude. (Not as tough as Pharmie, but still...pretty tough.)

Shannon 5:28 AM, February 25, 2009  

5 hour spin!!!
I think my top was two!

Did you notice in the video that my girl is eating like the QP was her last meal?

Calyx Meredith 6:04 AM, February 25, 2009  

Quarter Pounders running marathons without stretching, Borsch's armpit hair, blurry biceps, and sweaty man boobs - where else could we get all of that crazy goodness were it not for your blog? You and Pharmie have such great smiles btw. Totally fun to see you both so happy.

Lindsay 6:06 AM, February 25, 2009  

ironman or not, still quite an intense workout(s)! it sounds like your faithful commenters are hoping to buy you baby-speedos asap, what are you going to do about that?

Missy 6:23 AM, February 25, 2009  

Nawlens is right around the corner. You northerners better start practicing how to pronounce it righ it's Nawlens NOT NEW OR-leans.

Gotta Run..... 6:48 AM, February 25, 2009  

Your wife ROCKS!! I would have stuck it out too if it means bragging rights in the house. She is one smart girl!

great job on the insane ride and run.

Mel-2nd Chances 7:18 AM, February 25, 2009  

great pics, i'd love to be hard-core enough to try one of those classes one day!

Marlene 7:27 AM, February 25, 2009  

I'm tired just looking at those pics, and hungry just watching that commercial!

The Boring Runner 7:44 AM, February 25, 2009  

Nice pics!

Dude, your arm looks HUGE in that treadmill pic. You should change it to your profile pic. Or, maybe photoshop your frozen face self shot onto your motion blur super body. It could work!

Heather 8:31 AM, February 25, 2009  

I just saw that commercial too - so funny!

tfh 8:33 AM, February 25, 2009  

You are all crazy!

In fact, next time somebody calls me crazy during my training, I will direct them to this website so I look sane in comparison. ;)

sRod 9:22 AM, February 25, 2009  

It's a little early for the Friday funny! That spot is hilarious.

Chloe 10:19 AM, February 25, 2009  

AWESOME! I didn't know you where doing New Orleans! That is going ot be such a fun race. Hello! It ends in Jackson Square :)

X-Country2 10:38 AM, February 25, 2009  

I don't know, I think BIL Matt is still looking pretty fine in those pics. What can I say, sweaty boys in tight Nike tops just do it for me. :o)

Jess 11:50 AM, February 25, 2009  

Wow, your wife is a rockstar! 5 hours of spinning?! Could she walk afterward?

Felice Devine 11:51 AM, February 25, 2009  

That is nuts! Good for you guys for getting it done.

Maggs 12:32 PM, February 25, 2009  

That commercial is disturbingly funny. But very disturbing.

Chic Runner 12:48 PM, February 25, 2009  

In the first picture you look like the shamwow guy. Actually, come to think of it you do look like him. I know your side job.

https://shamwow.com/ver8/index.asp

And seriously. stop with the 5 hour spin. That is just RIDICULOUS

sunshine 1:45 PM, February 25, 2009  

Seriously, your wife is a rockstar!

Love the McDonald's commercial! Ha!

Amy 3:18 PM, February 25, 2009  

Pharmie is a rock-star. She looks happy in all those pictures too. I would have lost my attitude about 1.5 hours into it. And, is it wrong that I'm now mad at my gym for not having a 5 hour class? Way to get through most of it and then hop on the treadmill! I can't wait for New Orleans!

Nat 7:41 PM, February 25, 2009  

I am 99.9 per cent sure I would die... at the very least not walk for a week.

Michelle 8:27 PM, February 25, 2009  

Wow, wow, wow!!!

I really seem to be out of words. I do not think I could even do 45 min of spinning!!!

You rock and Pharmie!!! Well she the bomb!!!

RBR 10:11 PM, February 25, 2009  

Isn't it enough that Pharmie is gorgeous, brilliant, and married to the most adorable and hilarious man around?! Now, she has to go and be a total BEAST and do a FIVE HOUR spin class?! Who even knew they had such torturous things?

Oh, good job on three hours as well. I would have wimped out about the time of the second sweaty man boob picture (my personal fav by the way, it looks like a heart!)

Janet Edwards 7:51 AM, February 26, 2009  

You all are totally hardcore and that is one heck of training day. You two are sure to tear it up in New Orleans!

Dang, sweet bicep! That McD commercial is fantastic!

Carly 3:43 PM, February 26, 2009  

LOL at the commercial.

The 5 hour spin class gets that subway jingle in my head. "5. 5 hour spinnnnn claaaaass". (I know I am a total dork)

That class looks brutal!

Alisa 6:05 PM, February 26, 2009  

I did an hour of spin this morning after my sluggish 5 miles and felt like I was gonna die...I cannot even imagine a 5 hour spin class!

An ironman is DEFINTELY NOT in my immediate future.

RooBabs 9:40 AM, February 27, 2009  

I love the pictures of Pharmie "praying" and of your giant bicep, LOL.

And it's good that your legs weren't hurting too bad, but how about your butts? Come on, now, tell the truth. Those seats could not have been comfortable, even with 2 pairs of shorts.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.