Past and Future Workouts

>> Saturday, February 07, 2009

After my 2 long trainer rides in 3 days last week, I took Sunday off.

• On Monday, I went for a 9 mile run on slick sidewalks where I nearly froze off my boy parts. I also tweaked my knee just a little.

• Tuesday, I just lifted weights and stretched.

• Wednesday, I was feeling pretty good. So I did a BUNCH of leg exercises (that my old PT gave me), and a few hours after that, I swam 50 laps (2500 yards) in 43:36 (1:44.6 / 100). That was over a minute faster than the last time I did that distance. And it felt pretty easy! Sweet.

• Thursday, I lifted weights, and then Pharmie and I hit the Metrodome for some intervals. I did three 2.5-lap intervals, which means I did 3 x 1502 meters (with 90 seconds rest between). My times were 5:23, 5:08, and 5:01, for an average time of 5:10.6 (which is 5:30 / mile pace). Felt good!

• Friday, I took the day off (and cleaned the house).

• Today, I had to teach a 7 hour workshop at one of the colleges where I teach. I got up at about 5:45 am so I could do a bike workout on my trainer before teaching. I did TWO 30 minute “Spinervals” workouts back-to-back (I did the “Time Trial” workout followed by the “Power” workout). Here I am all sweaty when I got done:



Note the sweat glistening off my shoulder hair in this close-up shot:


Sexy.

• Finally, tomorrow, I’d like to get in an early run. But I can’t run on those uneven, slick surfaces out there (they’re STARTING to melt - yay!). So I’m going to hit the suckmill at the Y nice and early. Did I mention I want to go 11 miles? Yeah, that’ll be fun. But the good news is that if my knee starts to hurt, I can call it quits a mile or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 early. I’ll be back to let you know how it goes...

(And if you asked to be interviewed in my post on Thursday, I’m still coming up with a group of questions to choose from to ask all of you. Be patient. I’ll get to all of you. Promise!)

Have a good weekend!!

20 comments:

GoBigGreen 4:54 PM, February 07, 2009  

Hey i may be on the dreadmill as well. But not at 5am and not for 11 miles...I am used to running next to bigfoot man who makes the room move with his thunderous steps while hanging on the handrails so just know i look forward to your light steps:)

and thursday is a go..right??
We can do the 500's if you want or 3 x 600.
Take care!

Kelly 5:13 PM, February 07, 2009  

I don't mind the treamil... I get to watch whatever show I want (they get more channels that I recieve at home!). I can't believe you wake up that early to workout!

Michelle 5:36 PM, February 07, 2009  

Sexy indeedy!!!!

Have a great run tomorrow on the dreadmill!!!

With my broken TOE i may go out tomorrow and do some walking. I am itching to move. I need it.

Have a good evening sexy!!!

Marlene 5:39 PM, February 07, 2009  

that is a lot of miles for the treadmill... hope the knee holds up.

Gabriel Losa 6:30 PM, February 07, 2009  

Good luck with your long run tomorrow!

Saludos!

triguyjt 8:18 PM, February 07, 2009  

interviewing people is a pain in the butt isn't it.....

now...try pro athletes!!! LOL!!

The Boring Runner 9:21 PM, February 07, 2009  

Wow, 11 miles on the treadmill. 9 or so is about my limit - which would be around 70 min. There HAS to be something good on TV to go that long.

Of course, you can probably knock out your 11 in under an hr!

Steve Stenzel 9:34 PM, February 07, 2009  

Adam and Kelly - you guys are talking about TV...

All my Y has is mirrors and windows.

Yay me. ;)

Charisa 9:40 PM, February 07, 2009  

Back to back spinnervals - you are hard core!! Awesome job - sorry you have to run on the crappy treadmill!

Anonymous,  10:17 PM, February 07, 2009  

Nice "all sweaty" picture. (Your hair looks like it was painted on, then the paint started to run, and dribbled down your brow. The decolletage wasn't low enough, however (sigh!).) I guess "all sweaties" are another of your (sub-basement genre) specialties.

You're definitely breaking new ground. Maybe some people think it's new for good reason, but they're just PHILISTINES. If I had a gallery, I'd devote it entirely to your genius.

Speaking of which, I don't agree with you that your inspiration comes and goes. Like you yourself, it has great stamina and seldom flags. It's literally underfoot, or almost, so of course you don't even notice it....

It's....

You know!

C'mon! It's been a while....

P.S. I'd love to be interviewed, but then I wouldn't be "ANONYNMOUS" any more, would I?

X-Country2 11:09 PM, February 07, 2009  

11 miles on a treadmill is pretty hard core. Here's to hoping spring is right around the corner!

Calyx Meredith 6:14 AM, February 08, 2009  

I'm still trying to make it through ONE spinerval workout. Good job on the back to back trainer workouts - and count me even more impressed with 11 miles on the treadmill in front of a mirror/window. No wonder you run outside even at the risk of freezing the man bits!

Shannon 6:45 AM, February 08, 2009  

11 miles on the suckmill?!? No way Jose, I'd take my chances on the slick surfaces!

Missy 7:28 AM, February 08, 2009  

11 on the dreadmill, I had a hard time getting through one...get some great tunes rolling. Best of luck with that. Makes me want to cry thinking about it.

Triteacher 7:32 AM, February 08, 2009  

I love the glistening sweat - neat shot!

Jess 7:54 AM, February 08, 2009  

I should remember not to eat when I come visit your blog. The glistening shoulder hair was nearly enough for my peanut butter to repeat on me.

Trishie 7:57 AM, February 08, 2009  

nice week, Steve! ugh, 11 on a dreadmill? have fun ;)

Lindsay 8:51 PM, February 08, 2009  

this really makes me want to see the salt cakes on your arms/legs in the summer. mmm. i can't wait.

Kim 1:59 PM, February 09, 2009  

oh my - you are one sweaty mess!

RooBabs 2:14 PM, February 12, 2009  

"Taking the day off" and "cleaning" shouldn't be in the same sentence, at least in my humble opinion. But since you mentioned it, maybe you could teach my husband a thing or two. Oh, and that is some serious shoulder sweat. Ewwww.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.