Quick Duathlon Post

>> Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sorry for the late-coming report from yesterday's duathlon. It's been a hectic weekend! I'll have my full post with lots of pictures tomorrow, but until then, here's my four-point "cliff notes" version of my race:

• Ran strong for the first run, and hit T1 and the start of the bike in about 5th place overall.

• Made a "rookie mistake" during the bike, and quickly ended up back in 40th-45th place overall at the halfway point.

• Got over my dumb mistake, finished the bike OK, and ran hard during the final run to finish in 12th place overall.

• Then, Pharmie and I ran the second run again with Pharmie's aunt, Jen, to show our support - Jen finished her first multi-sport event yesterday!!



Matt, me, Pharmie, Steph, Jen

Back with the full story tomorrow, along with a bunch of photos! Have a good Sunday everyone!

13 comments:

Jess 3:11 PM, May 03, 2009  

Nice job on 12th place!

teacherwoman 3:17 PM, May 03, 2009  

Nice job, Steve! Looks like a nice day!

Michelle 5:11 PM, May 03, 2009  

Great job Steve Stenzel!!!

Once again, you rock!

Unknown 8:02 PM, May 03, 2009  

You went from 40th to 12th! You were hauling.

CoachLiz 9:34 PM, May 03, 2009  

Whoa! Rookie Mistake??? Do tell so that I don't make the same mistake.

Can't wait to see all the pictures.

Beth 9:57 PM, May 03, 2009  

Great job! I love all the smiles in the picture.

Ordinarylife 3:58 AM, May 04, 2009  

Well done.

I did my first duathlon this weekend! Boy, I think I will stick to tri's from now on.

trimybest 8:31 AM, May 04, 2009  

great job everyone! nice job making up for your rookie mistake haha! most people who bike that slow cant run that fast!

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 11:15 AM, May 04, 2009  

You blew past me after T2...i told you you were going way too fast (i'm the tattooed freak out there and was kidding of course)! Way to finish strong after the bike dibacle (sp)!!

Cheers...

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 8:45 AM, May 05, 2009  

I did hear you laugh out loud! It was a fun race and I'm glad I did that one for my first Duathlon! I have a half marathon the day b-4 gear west du, and I may be heading up to watch the apple Du, but not participating. Are you doing Buffalo?

sRod 12:22 PM, May 08, 2009  

Geez, double digit placing? I've only done that once--and there were only 18 people in my age group

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.