Time To Run

>> Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The next 10 days are spent working on the run. Yeah, I’ll hit the pool and the bike a few times, but I’m focusing on the run. Matt and I are headed back out to the Gear West Duathlon on the 17th to compete as “Team Happy Pants” again. Here we are before last years race:



Last year, we placed 2nd out of 16 teams. This year, we’re going for it all. He’s got a better bike and is probably in better biking shape this year. And I’m in better running shape and a bit of a “smarter” runner than last year at this time. We’ll see what we can do in that tough field!

Last night, I banged out a nice, breezy 7 mile run. I finished hard in 44:31 overall (6:21/mile average). I have class until 8 tonight, so there's no workout today. Then tomorrow evening I’ll hit the track for some intervals. Speedwork, here I come!


Matt and I during last year’s GW Du

p.s. The official results are up from last weekend’s du, but the splits aren’t up yet (it was “hand timed,” and they’re still working out the kinks). I’ll put those up when they come in, along with the official race photos of all of us.

p.p.s. Tomorrow night is the first official meeting of the “CVA Triathlon Club!” (The official triathlon club of a small art college where I’ll be getting some students to the finish line of their first triathlon in about 12 weeks!) I’m getting some info together to hand out to everyone. No workout yet, just paperwork and logistics. We’ll start working out as a group next week!! CAN’T WAIT!!

19 comments:

Carolina John 7:38 AM, May 06, 2009  

yea some more running training can make or break that race win. you guys always go so strong it amazes me. have fun!

Jess 7:51 AM, May 06, 2009  

What does "hand timed" mean? They just had someone with a watch calling out splits? I've never raced something that was "hand timed."

ShirleyPerly 7:54 AM, May 06, 2009  

YAY, Team Happy Pants is back. Good luck with your running and congrats on the news about the school tri club. That is AWESOME!!

Marie-Claude 7:56 AM, May 06, 2009  

I'm sure you'll do great with your team of students - they have a great teacher and a great inspirator to help them :-)

b 8:27 AM, May 06, 2009  

Looking forward to see what Matt & yourself as "Team Happy Pants" can du on the race on May 17th...Crush the competition I'm sure :-)

331 Miles 8:27 AM, May 06, 2009  

Good luck, and hope your training is effective enough to get you the top spot on the podium this year.

Delay because it was "hand timed"....I bet they're trying to figure out how to convert the hh:mm:ss to decimals so that it's easy to subtract and get ET. Teehehehe.

CoachLiz 8:35 AM, May 06, 2009  

Whoo Hoo for TEAM HAPPY PANTS!!!

So good to see the team is back.

Calyx Meredith 8:40 AM, May 06, 2009  

How totally perfect that you're starting a tri club!! Good luck this weekend Team Happy Pants!

tfh 8:46 AM, May 06, 2009  

I wish I could be in your tri club! You make it look like so much fun. And then I navigate away from this page and am back to, "hmmm, multisport race? nah, that's crazy!"

Marlene 10:09 AM, May 06, 2009  

Let's have a first place finish from Team Happy Pants! Can't wait to hear what kind of crazy intervals you bang out tomorrow.

Shannon 10:15 AM, May 06, 2009  

Happy Happy 1st Meeting with the new Tri Club!

You're Awesome to get those cats to the finish line. :) Inspire many Steve....

Unknown 10:23 AM, May 06, 2009  

Love the run!!

Have fun with the first meeting.

Smithposts... 10:28 AM, May 06, 2009  

Good luck on the upcoming Team Happy Pants collaboration!

Looking forward to some great success stories coming out of the new CVA Tri Club. What a great adventure for all!

Missy 11:36 AM, May 06, 2009  

Great, get working on that run so you can get even faster;) Go Team Happy Pants!

P.O.M. 4:39 PM, May 06, 2009  

Team Happy Pants is an awesome name!!! I'll be running my next marathon your (kind of) neck of the woods.

Kevin 4:54 PM, May 06, 2009  

Good luck to team happy pants

Beth 5:24 PM, May 06, 2009  

My son is volunteering at that race this year. I'll tell him to make sure you and Matt get some extra cowbell!

teacherwoman 6:33 PM, May 06, 2009  

I see first place for this one!

Nat 9:06 PM, May 06, 2009  

You run and Matt bikes?
Sounds awesome. I'm sure you'll kick it into first place.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.