Friday Funny 44: Computers

>> Friday, July 10, 2009

I wish MY computer had a ship’s wheel:



Text under that image: “Scientists from the RAND Corporation have created this model to illustrate how a ‘home computer’ could look like in the year 2004. However, the technology will not be economically feasible to the average home. Also the scientists readily admit that the computer will require not yet invented technology to actually work, but 50 years from now scientific progress is expected to solve these problems...”







I guess that portable “9 pound computer” sounds like a good idea if THIS is your only other alternative...



p.s. I’m heading to Lake Nokomis to cheer everyone on during the Lifetime Fitness Triathlon tomorrow morning. There will be A LOT of cool pros there, and I have a CVA Tri Club student who is doing her first Olympic distance! Good luck Cynthia!!

p.p.s. Stop by tomorrow to throw your hat in the ring for a great giveaway! The contest will ONLY run over the weekend, so don’t miss it!

p.p.p.s. Happy Weekend!!

15 comments:

Carolina John 9:42 AM, July 10, 2009  

haha, as a nerd i remember those days. Good one steve! have a great weekend, can't wait to see what the contest is.

Regina 10:08 AM, July 10, 2009  

hysterical! I love the price on those hard drives.

sRod 10:12 AM, July 10, 2009  

oh Jesus.

My wimpy netbook weighs about 6 ounces and could kick the ass of all those computers.

duchossois 10:14 AM, July 10, 2009  

Ha..those were the days. I had a Atari 800 and had to write my own drivers just to connect to a printer. Good times.

B.o.B. 10:26 AM, July 10, 2009  

That wheel would be awesome for Mario Kart.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 10:44 AM, July 10, 2009  

isn't it amazing that we've figured out how to get chips down to the size of a flea, but can't get it together to come up with an alternative to fossil fuel???

Anyway, I'll look for you at LTF tomorrow. I go in the water about 7:12 am with the rest of the Athenas...

Iron Girl Nyhus 11:20 AM, July 10, 2009  

p.p.p.p.s. If you or Sarah are up for a couple hour bike on Sunday let me know :)

FLATOUT JIM 11:40 AM, July 10, 2009  

I am here at work laughing my ass off. Everyone thinks I am crazy.

Where did you find these?

teacherwoman 11:47 AM, July 10, 2009  

LOL! Too funny! Have fun at Lake Nokomis!

Julia 11:57 AM, July 10, 2009  

omg haha, I can't even imagine life before computers/internet/cell phones/iPods.... how on earth did people ever survive? :)

Marlene 12:18 PM, July 10, 2009  

Thanks for the heads up for the giveaway. Sometimes I forget to check in over the weekend. Hopefully it's open to Canadians. :)

Have a good one!

BaddApple 12:20 PM, July 10, 2009  

I remember how cool I was when I worked at Apple and had a 1 gig external drive. I think it cost more than the computer. Now I have a 8 gig jump drive I picked up for $14.

See you at Life Time Tri. I will be doing the Sprint. Look for the Pirate headband.

RunningLaur 2:29 PM, July 10, 2009  

Ah, portable. What it must have been like to live in those times.
Have a great time at the races!!

Keith 5:54 PM, July 10, 2009  

I actually have, and sometimes use as a desk ornament, a hard drive read/write unit from that 1985 40 MB hard drive, or a similar vintage. Even computer geeks have not recognized it for what it was. We used the disks as drink coasters in the board room. It's sad in a way, what was once extremely expensive is now artwork.

Jim Smith II 11:24 PM, July 10, 2009  

There's no easier way to start a conversation amongst older geeks (and I count myself in that group) then talking about old computers. Brings a smile to my face...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.