More WIBA Photos

>> Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I have just a few more WIBA photos to share that some friends took. First, here are some from Stu:


Spitting in my goggles pre-swim


With Pharmie before getting wet

I like this next sequence of us jumping into Lake Menona. The best is the 3rd image down - I look freaked out, bow-legged, and strange, and Pharmie looks GREAT:



Tanya snapped one of the 3 of us before swimming:


Pharmie, Tanya, me

And she also got one of me grilling in my “grilling outfit” and with Pharmie in her normal “I just biked 60 miles outfit:”



Oh yeah: Stu got a good one of me grilling too. I like how the all the smoke makes this look like a dream sequence:


Is this your dream, baby?
Gross. Why did I say that?...

And Wil got a few good ones too. Here I am taking a vodka water break:




Chatting with new buddies Running Jayhawk and Out of Shape Guy


Non-bird and non-head-cut-off group shot pre-run
(if you don’t know what that all means, check my previous post)


Everyone starting the run in downtown Madison

WIBA #4 was SUCH a fun weekend! It was great to hang out with old friends!! And it was great to meet other fun athletes. We’ll have to see if we can make it to WIBA #5 next year. (The date is being changed, so we’ll have to see.)

Check my previous post for a TON of photos from the WIBA weekend.

12 comments:

libgyrl 8:04 AM, July 01, 2009  

I do believe this was my best work out vacation, well that didn't involve an actual race. The bird picture is my favorite!

I Run for Fun 9:13 AM, July 01, 2009  

Looks like a lot of fun! Great pics.

Velma 10:16 AM, July 01, 2009  

You and Pharmie are so cute. Looks like another great photo for the Christmas card.

Sara 12:10 PM, July 01, 2009  

Those shorts are just all sorts of wrong. Only you could have the guts to pull off wearing them with nothing other than an apron and then bend over! hee,hee....love it!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 12:56 PM, July 01, 2009  

Natalie (MN Runner) and I are SO in for this event next year!

X-Country2 12:59 PM, July 01, 2009  

Pharmie improves all your pictures. :o)

The Boring Runner 5:26 PM, July 01, 2009  

Is it just me or did you totally jump in ass first off of that dock? :) Is that even possible?

KK 9:37 PM, July 01, 2009  

That does look so fun! I love the apron paired with the bowl full of sunshine. Doesn't that violate some sort of health code though???

Bill Carter 7:18 AM, July 02, 2009  

Great, great pics!

I have a strong suspicion that you REALLY enjoy life...

Take care Steve and have a great
4th!

CoachLiz 8:35 AM, July 02, 2009  

I really liked the group photo with the attack bird swooping in to take out the guy on the end in the white and blue tech shirt in your other post.

Wacky and fun!

Anonymous,  11:13 AM, July 02, 2009  

The pictures of you and Pharmie are really cute and nice!

Tracy 11:19 AM, July 02, 2009  

You guys are SUCH a big part of WIBA coolness. If the date (July 9-11) is no good for you, let me know and Robby and I will figure something out. You guys have to be there or it's just not the same :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.