Friday Funny 57: E-Cards and Links

>> Friday, October 09, 2009

Here are some funny e-cards from SomeEcards.com. Warning: some are a little racy.













These last 2 are my favorites. This is about right for this time of year in MN:



And I don’t need to explain why I like this one:



Four Links:

• Help me become a swimsuit model: I entered Triathlete Magazine’s “model search” for their swimsuit issue. They’re looking for a “common man” triathlete model. They will choose the model in the next week, and the public does NOT get to vote, but you CAN make a comment on the photo gallery. Maybe that will push them in one direction or another. Click here to see my entry!! And please leave a comment on that gallery. (Note, if you leave a comment, it’s for the WHOLE gallery, NOT just the 1 image you are currently looking at. So say something like “Pick Steve from MN!! Because [why].” Thanks!)

• Crossfit marathon experiment: A local blogger buddy (and Crossfit junkie) had a hypothesis she wanted to test: she ran 6 mile to 9 mile run and hit her Crossfit workouts hard in the hopes of running a sub 4 hour marathon (at Twin Cities this past weekend). Yes, her long run was 9 miles. Click here to see how she did. (If you aren’t “in the know,” Crossfit is a workout routine that is usually not very long but super intense. Most people love it or hate it. There’s no “in between” with Crossfit.)

• Marathon runner borrows a catheter: An 81-year-old man running the Twin Cities Marathon this past weekend had to “borrow” a catheter from a spectator because a blood clot was keeping him from urinating. OK, who just has a catheter laying around with them at all times?! He won his age group and they thought about DQing him for receiving “outside assistance.” Click here to read the short story from the AP.

• Free shoes: OnlineShoes is doing it again. If you go to this post on their blog, you can comment to be put in a drawing for a free pair of shoes!

Happy weekend!! I’m not racing, but I will be cheering at the Osceola Duathlon!

8 comments:

Darcy Franklin 9:39 AM, October 09, 2009  

Thanks for the link to my site! Apparently my experiment/blog post got me invited to be a guest at one of the crossfit running/endurance certifications. Can't wait!!!

Julia 10:08 AM, October 09, 2009  

thanks for the onlineshoes.com info.
Loved all the funnies today; I know people I'd like to send card one to, haha!

Melissa 10:09 AM, October 09, 2009  

Ewwww, he borrowed a catheter.

Victoria 1:20 PM, October 09, 2009  

Did anyone find it amusing that his last name was Johncock? Or am I really regressing back to 6th grade?

Runner Leana 1:43 PM, October 09, 2009  

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get to be a swimsuit model Steve! Lots of the people who submitted photos looked like they have never attempted a triathlon in their life...

Borrowing a catheter? Ew!

Coach Liz 3:34 PM, October 09, 2009  

Ok dude, I am resigned to the fact that you will beat me out for the Triathlete Magazine swimsuit model contest. At least the comments about the men have been more positive than the comments about the women.

Julie @ ROJ Running 11:11 AM, October 10, 2009  

My friend and I printed the card one about a week ago and have it hanging on our cubical wall at work.

Anonymous,  5:48 AM, December 13, 2009  

eh.. thanks for thread..

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.