14 Days of Nothing: Day 4: $4 for FumbleROOski

>> Monday, November 30, 2009

On Saturday, it was time to celebrate the Stenzel Thanksgiving. That means duck wrapped in bacon for dinner. And turkey. And pickles with cream cheese wrapped in ham. And date cookies.

And “FumbleROOski!”

FumbleROOski is a made-up game that I play with my cousins at Grandpa and Grandma’s house. We drive their golf-cart in the empty lot next to their yard. We hop on and off the golf-cart while it’s moving. We throw balls at the person (or people) driving the golf cart trying to inflict bodily harm. And at random points during the fun, we shout “Fumble-ROO-ski!!” Damn it’s fun.

We were running low on balls, so I taught my cousins an important life-lesson: There’s NO such thing as "too many balls.” So we ran up to the Dollar Store, spent a few bucks, and bought a small football, a few small balls, a Spiderman ball, and noisemakers (to make things more interesting).


Michael, Kelsey (hiding), Brittany, and me.


Kelsey laying the smack down on Michael and Brittany.






Normal looking photo (until you see how high my leg is!...).




Brittany taking a head-shot.


Brittany’s no longer so sure about my no-such-thing-as-too-many-balls theory...


We had to quit after Kelsey broke most of Michael’s ribs....

Oh, and last night, in the name of my “14 Days of Nothing” and eating whatever I want, I brought 3 kinds of cheese to the couch with crackers, and just went nuts while watching Sunday evening cartoons on Fox...



p.s. Check back tomorrow - I think I'll be starting a giveaway! (Or Wednesday at the latest...)

15 comments:

Jennifer 7:11 AM, November 30, 2009  

Simply more evidence of your fab family. The action shots are priceless. Seeing that you used an actual cheese knife on your couch is also chuckle inducing. Nice.

TriGirl Kate O 7:31 AM, November 30, 2009  

You're kidding about the pickles and cream cheese thing, right?

Steve Stenzel 7:46 AM, November 30, 2009  

NO Kate!!! It sounds gross, but it's DELICIOUS!!!

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 8:32 AM, November 30, 2009  

Pickles cream cheese and pastrami...good stuff indeed! Thats a good looking knife as well! Happy Thanksgiving

The Boring Runner 8:59 AM, November 30, 2009  

you're totally right; Pickles and cream cheese is AWESOME. I had them at my HS graduation reception. :)

When I was growing up, my cousins and I would play a game called 'terminator'.... It would involve dressing up in snowmobile suits and helmets and shooting each other with BB guns. Yeahhhh, looking back not the BEST game. :)

t-odd 9:54 AM, November 30, 2009  

Balls to the face - you should be able to relate your experiences to your cousin now. (Oh, ZING!)

It's just not a successful family holiday gathering without a punctured lung - broken ribs says you're holding back.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Unknown 10:31 AM, November 30, 2009  

Gotta love the kid that will always live in Steve (and his family members from what I gather!)

Sean in NY 11:29 AM, November 30, 2009  

Sunday evening cartoons on fox?!?! Your subscription to the male gender is going to undergo a scrupulous review process here at the corporate office for shunning sunday night football in place of cartoons, all the while not having the decency to at least enjoy a frosty beverage and attempt at covering your tracks with "fell asleep" or "too lazy to find the remote."

Carolina John 2:48 PM, November 30, 2009  

sounds like a fun holiday! glad you got to enjoy it.

kristen 3:10 PM, November 30, 2009  

I consider any meal or snack that involves 2 or more cheeses a resounding success.

Maria 4:29 PM, November 30, 2009  

Love the new game, maybe I should get my family to play it (although I'd leave my brother out of it)!

GoBigGreen 5:45 PM, November 30, 2009  

Even before I saw kate's comment I was thinking omg
pickles cc and ham? You kidding??
Awful! Cheese and crackers redeemed you:)

Coach Liz 10:12 PM, November 30, 2009  

I would hate for some crazed killer to come after me with that knife. Then again, if it would have happened last night on the run course, I would have let him kill me when I was getting ready to start the third loop.

Thanks for keeping up with my race yesterday!

Coach Liz 10:15 PM, November 30, 2009  

Holy Donughts!

I just noticed that I matched your IMWI time yesterday. I feel honored to know that I could hang with you out there on the race course.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 10:29 PM, November 30, 2009  

all that cheese and crakers, and their amazing binding qualities, may make you Fumble NO POO-ski

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.