14 Days of Nothing: Day 13: Three Things

>> Wednesday, December 09, 2009

First thing: Yesterday, I had my biggest workout of these past 13 days. I went to the Y and did a quick lower body workout: leg presses, goblet squats, leg extensions, lunges, etc. My ass is paying for it this morning - I woke up with the outside of my glutes quite sore. Ahhhh, I’ve missed that feeling!

Second thing: I recently started posting little triathlon-related articles on Examiner.com. I’m the “St. Paul Triathlon Examiner.” I’ve written a few articles so far. They are not “blog style;” they are much more like an informative article. I just put up 2 more articles yesterday that I think some of you will like. When I posted about MY “7 Deadly Sins” last week, the wheels started turning in my head. So I posted 2 articles on Examiner.com that are about “A Triathlete's Seven Deadly Sins.” Click here for part 1 (wrath, greed, pride, and sloth) and click here for part 2 (lust, envy, and gluttony). You might get a kick out of it.

(While you’re there, you could sign up on my Examiner.com page to receive an e-mail each time I publish a new article. I get paid a few cents for every article of mine that is viewed. Actually, I get paid 1 cent for every few views. It’s not gonna make me rich, but if you stop by my Examiner.com page now and then, it will help. Thanks!)

Third thing: There's big, new, “giveaway" news coming on Monday. It’ll be my biggest giveaway ever. I’m talking about $500 of SWEET tri gear!! So mark your calendars and stop back on Monday!

9 comments:

Coach Liz 7:32 AM, December 09, 2009  

Great articles Steve!

As a former English teacher, do not forget to include a small introductory paragraph where you introduce your subject and why you are writing about the topic. It only has to be three sentences long. It will keep your articles from feeling like a list.

Way to go!

P.S. JLo infuriates me for some reason and I knew her attempt at triathlon would be a "one and done" situation. I am wondering if that is the situation with Teri Hatcher right now and her attempt at triathlon a month or so ago. Strangely, I am not repulsed by Teri Hatcher. LOL

Velma 7:44 AM, December 09, 2009  

Nice work Steve. Love the blog and now more people can enjoy your adventures. BTW, are you going to post pictures of your toes or blistered skin in the new venue?

Steve Stenzel 8:12 AM, December 09, 2009  

Velma, I don't think the new venue would approve of that. So THAT can be your "gross-foot-photo-FREE" zone. ;)

teacherwoman 8:38 AM, December 09, 2009  

You are busy!

I will be looking forward to hearing more about the giveaways!

Maria 9:24 AM, December 09, 2009  

Well consider this my two cents, just read the aricles!

Mike Russell 11:04 AM, December 09, 2009  

I always like to contribute to your Recoverite fund...your articles were a good read. I like how a lay person could almost understand them... ;)

Katie 9:36 AM, December 11, 2009  

What in the world are goblet squats?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.