14 Days of Nothing: Day 7: Seven Deadly Sins

>> Thursday, December 03, 2009

Wrath:
These “14 days of nothing” have landed right in the middle of a VERY mild stretch of late fall / early winter weather. I’m angry that I can’t be taking advantage of this great weather for some outdoor runs!

Greed:
At this moment, we own 6 bikes. Why do I still feel that I need more?

Pride:
Have I mentioned my “Steve in a Speedo” Fan Page on Facebook? Click the picture below to be taken to it. And become a member.



Sloth:
I’m in the middle of “14 days of nothing.” Need I say more?

Lust:
You all know my hot wife, Pharmie. Need I say more?



Envy:
You have a better bike than me. I want it. And I want your goggles, your racing flats, your aero water bottle, your tri suit, your bike shoes, your fancy laces, your Zipp wheels (BOTH pairs - I KNOW you have 2 sets), your wetsuit, your PowerTap, your hairless body, etc, etc.

Gluttony:
Why do I do all of this? (“All of this” meaning triathlons, duathlons, and road races.) So I can eat. Whatever I want. Whenever I want. Yum-a-dum-dum.


(Frazz comic from Jef Mallett, triathlete and author of "Trizophrenia")

p.s. Don’t forget to scroll 2 posts down to throw your name in the hat for 1 of 3 signed copies of "Trizophrenia!"

11 comments:

CoachLiz 7:10 AM, December 03, 2009  

Steve,

You can have my goggles now that I'm done with them for the season. You cannot have my Blue 70 Speed Suit. you would never get the hips up over your knees. Enjoy the sloth!

Carolina John 10:11 AM, December 03, 2009  

i ordered a new wetsuit yesterday from XTerra. it was 66% discounted thanks to a deal my coach worked out with them.

you should be jealous. a $300 wetsuit for $99? yes. envy and gluttony all in one.

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 10:29 AM, December 03, 2009  

hey Steve! I have just been getting out of my slump (slash...rebounding from bursitis). make sure when you get back into it you take it a bit easy at first, no need for any new injuries! Enjoy the next week.

Mike Russell 11:10 AM, December 03, 2009  

Add one to pride...I love my bike and am proud as hell that it turns heads.

tri_al 12:03 PM, December 03, 2009  

i don't just envy those with zipp wheels; i envy those who know what they actually do. i'm a few steps behind ;)

richvans 2:04 PM, December 03, 2009  

Just as long as we agree that you'll keep your grubby food covered hands off my new Bontrager/Hed Aeolus 6.5s, we'll all get along.

Anonymous,  11:05 PM, December 03, 2009  

Steve,
In your envy you forgot that I get your wife all hot and sweaty once a week in your own basement while the cats watch. (Although it appears she doesn't get the work out that I do)

Snacky Treat

Anonymous,  6:09 AM, December 06, 2009  

Steve,

It aint lust when it's YOUR wife ;)

1010 Chris

sRod 10:44 AM, December 15, 2009  

Six bikes? That boggles my mind. Growing up, at one point I had two bikes and I thought that was super fancy. My mind would break if I had to choose between six.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.