A Long Run, Bowling, Pixar, Etc.

>> Sunday, January 31, 2010

• My legs are nicely sore from a bunch of squats / lunges / etc on Friday. So yesterday morning, I stretched them out on the rug. Actually, Kermit and I stretched together:



• Yesterday, I went on a 9 mile run. I called it off once, and then decided to get out there and enjoy the day later in the afternoon. I ran most of it easy, but I picked it up near the middle for a bit. I was out there for 1:04:40 enjoying a GREAT Minnesotan winter day!

• Because of that long run, my January running mileage is 85 miles. That’s a bigger month than ANY of the 12 months last year! I get out and ENJOY Minnesota in the winter!!

• Pharmie and I had an impromptu bowling date last night. She beat me at BOTH games, and she broke her all-time high score of 140 with her first game of 142! And of course I forgot my camera. D’oh. Nice work, Hunnie! (Oh, and THEN she beat me at Pinball, too - rubbing salt in the wound...)

• After bowling we had a date night with Pixar’s “Up.” So, basically, yesterday was a GREAT day!

• Finally, here are a few recent Examiner articles I wrote. Check these out:
     - Best Images of 09: The Run. Local triathlete, David Thompson made one of the “best of” images of 09. Sweet photos of triathletes in action!
     - Weight room routine to add power to your swim. I did this workout on Thursday. Oww. I’ll be doing it again!
     - Kara Goucher on the cover of the new Runner’s World. Yeah, you’ve probably all seen this - it’ll be out this next week. But dang, she’s CUTE!

8 comments:

Jumper 2.0 8:24 AM, January 31, 2010  

Kara Goucher is my hero!

I have been doing weights for my swim but I will need to add the reverse pushups and I'll try that specific routine.

Regarding the winter running. I did a lot of it last year but for some reason seem to have no tolerance for it this year and have been either at the dome or on the treadmill. Not sure why as I actually enjoyed it last year.

Jes 10:07 AM, January 31, 2010  

I really enjoy reading your blog, and your cat is adorable!

Julie 3:48 PM, January 31, 2010  

Hi Steve,
You and Kermit look so darn cute stretching together! Also, good job on getting super high miles for the month of January!

Woo hoo, Pharmie! Way to kick your hubby's butt in both bowling and pinball!!

Skippy,  4:29 PM, January 31, 2010  

You TRAMP, Kermit. How much did that SHEIK pay you? Two kibbles? At least LASSIE can set her own PRICE....

And you call that a tale? Ha ha ha. Looks more like a PIPE CLEANER.

Damn, it's COLD on this telephone pole....

Our love will find a way....

Anonymous,  8:31 AM, February 01, 2010  

Aw...the kitty picture is cute...although I think Kermit would like you to move out of her sun spot, lol.

Sun Runner 8:50 AM, February 01, 2010  

My cats always "help" me stretch on the rug. I think it because one I get down on the carpet at their level, they can stand on me and beg for attention.

teacherwoman 9:05 AM, February 01, 2010  

Sounds like a great time! I still need to see the movie UP. And bowling sounds fun!

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 11:53 AM, February 02, 2010  

Don't forget to check out DKT in the pics of cycling too! Very AERO!

Nice posts! Can't wait for the season to begin...only a montha nd a half away (st. patties day run anyone).

Keep up the good work Steve.

Sean

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.