We’re Number 2! We’re Number 2!

>> Saturday, January 02, 2010

The results are in, and Steve in a Speedo was named the “Silver Endurance Blog of 2009!” Now, I’m not trying to call “foul” (really, I’m not), but according to this map, who does it look like won?



Fat Cyclist had a commanding lead from the get-go, and with his 8000 twitter followers and cycling team sponsorship, there was no catching that guy! Congrats Fat Cyclist!!

On the page that announced the winners, Fatty and DC (1st and 3rd place) both had a nice photo. What photo of mine was used? This is what’s on the “winner’s page” on EverymanTri:



Now we know that in this photo it appears that the wrong person is wearing the Batman Speedo, but trust us when we say that Steve never disappoints when it comes to wearing a Speedo, Cow costume, or any number of silly and fun outfits...and best of all he's the guy also racing in them.

This year his fun, entertaining, and heart-felt blog did not disappoint as it introduced us to a fun band of friends and family that seem to thrive on living life to the fullest....be that racing, eating, or just celebrating life.

Think of this blog as the crazy fun family that you don't have, but wish you had.

So Steve thanks for another year of making us laugh so much it hurt, and please keep up the great work.

You make being crazy creative and fun seem effortless, and we know how hard that is to keep up year after year.

Awww, shucks. Thanks for the kind words. But let me fix a few mistakes:

1. Matt’s wearing Batman undies, not a Batman Speedo.
2. Matt was also the one wearing the cow costume in the past. I was the chicken.
3. I wouldn’t wish this family on anyone. I love my family.
4. Keeping it up is easy when it’s STILL this fun!

Thanks for the votes over the last 2 weeks, everyone!! Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Unknown 9:03 AM, January 02, 2010  

Congrats on the silver medal!

Coach Liz 9:06 AM, January 02, 2010  

Congratulations on a podium finish!

Jennifer Harrison 9:38 AM, January 02, 2010  

CONGRATS! YAHOOO.
I did vote. many times. I was a good girl.

Happy 2010!

Bill 10:02 AM, January 02, 2010  

Congrats, Steve.

I did vote. Not often, but I did.

For first, second and third place.

All good choices.

D 10:51 AM, January 02, 2010  

They posted that pic because that post led to most of your votes. I really have no idea, but go with it.

I just like the BC has a couple of silver markers on it!

B.o.B. 3:14 PM, January 02, 2010  

There are no words for this photo.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous,  6:02 PM, January 02, 2010  

Fat Cyclist only has followers because he happens to roll with Lance Armstrong and Lance Armstrong is a Twitter whore. I can appreciate that Lance Armstrong uses his "powers" to get people to donate funds for cancer research. I don't appreciate that he uses them to get people to vote for Fat Cyclist. Not that I'm bitter ;)

Anonymous,  6:46 PM, January 02, 2010  

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Christi 7:04 PM, January 02, 2010  

Congratulations on the silver medal! I know I enjoy your posts and I hope more people find this and it enjoy it also!

Melissa 8:00 AM, January 03, 2010  

wahooooo!! You rock. Keep us laughing.

Jennifer 9:54 PM, January 03, 2010  

Number two my ass! You are number one! You may take pictures of yourself doing number two but you will never RANK number two. You rock Steve and everyone knows it. Congrats!

Anonymous,  3:41 AM, January 04, 2010  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.