And the Road ID Winner Is.....

>> Saturday, February 20, 2010

Alright, it’s time to choose the winner of a new Road ID. Here we go.

Step 1: Print off all the entries. There were nearly 200 comments!

Step 2: Label all comments with 1, 2, 3, or 4 numbers depending on how many entries they “earned.” Here are the printouts, and they’ve been labeled with numbers up to 456:




Close-up

Step 3: Bend the rules for those leaving good comments. (It’s my contest, I can do what I want. Ha!) I added an extra number to 4 different entries:

• Steph commented “Entered. I’m a fan of Steve in a Speedo, and I’m your sister-in-law. Does that count as three?” You lived with Pharmie and I for 3 years, so yes, that counts for 3.

• MissAllyCat commented “...Shouldn’t I get a bonus entry for peeing in the lake with you?? :)” Absolutely! (Ally peed next to me in her first triathlon in July of 08. It was magical.)

• l.borrego commented “Lora in Houston is a fan of reading Steve... esp when he talks about his awesome wife! One entry please & thank you!” Nope, I’m giving you TWO entries for mentioning my awesome wife!

• Kin commented “... I would be very happy to win a RoadID, but what I really want … is to see more farm animals dancing at running events.” Oh hell yeah. Extra entry for YOU!

Kin is talking about the video below. The last 3 years, I’ve cheered for the runners of the TC Marathon with my 2 brothers-in-law in costume. This last year, Matt and I (the cow and chicken) ran the TC 10 Mile before cheering for the TC Marathon runners - we finished our race, polished up on our dance moves, and got to cheering:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP5n7clENdE

Step 4: Get the numbers ready to draw out of a hat.



Yes, I know about random.org, but this way is more fun. And more dramatic. So let me have my fun! Thanks.


Numbers in my hat.

Step 5: Start drawing numbers! I first drew a 0. Then I put that back into the hat. Then I drew a 7, and put that back into the hat. Finally, I drew a 1.



So who was entry number 071?? It’s Krista from NYC! (She’s a blogger whose blog I’ve been to only a few times. She just got into triathlon last year.) CONGRATS Krista! Shoot me an e-mail so I can get you your new Road ID!


The NEW Wrist ID Elite

p.s. I kinda would have felt bad (for everyone else) if one of the 4 people to whom I had given the “unfair” extra entry had won. So I KINDA feel good they didn’t win. Sorry Steph, Ally, Lora, and Kin.

p.p.s. Voting for the “Gnarliest Injury Photo Contest” closes THIS EVENING! So click here to see the contestants and vote for the best! NOW!

7 comments:

EB 1:31 PM, February 20, 2010  

Ok, that video is hilarious. I think I would have peed my shorts if I was running that marathon! Great idea.

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 4:56 PM, February 20, 2010  

Good contest Steve! I didn't attempt to win, but now that I see the new Road ID I am gonna be a winner for ordering one!

I have two pics to send to you, you can add them as necessary wherever you see fit, maybe even your trash can!

Gabriel Losa 5:57 PM, February 20, 2010  

Oh, well... maybe next time.
Congratulations to the winner.

You know what? Everytime I ran a race I was super focused just on the race and I couldn´t understand how you were able to chat or enjoy with the people cheering... but during the last one (a half marathon a week ago) everytime I saw a kid cheering I gave him or her a hi-five... it was amazing to see their faces... that was super motivating!
I´m gonna do it all the time now!

Christi 8:32 PM, February 21, 2010  

I love the video of the dancing farm animals so much! Thanks!

Anonymous,  12:04 PM, February 22, 2010  

Steve- you and Pharmie need to come to SF this summer and do the 1/2 or full.

And I LOVE your farm animal dancing. LOVE it love it love it love it.

was just dying laughing at my desk. THANK YOU.

Anonymous,  12:04 PM, February 22, 2010  

Steve- you and Pharmie need to come to SF this summer and do the 1/2 or full.

And I LOVE your farm animal dancing. LOVE it love it love it love it.

was just dying laughing at my desk. THANK YOU.

prashant 9:19 PM, February 24, 2010  

I think I would have peed my shorts if I was running that marathon! Great idea.

Work From Home

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.