Big Group Swim

>> Monday, March 01, 2010

Julia got some of the gang together for a morning swim yesterday. We were to do some 100s and some kick drills. Seven people showed up, and we took over 2 lanes. Here’s all of our crap at the end of the lanes:



Here’s 5 of the others working on some of their 100s:


Kelly and Pam in my lane, Steve H, Julia, and Kathryn one lane over

Chatting between sets:


Steve T, Julia, Kathryn, Steve H, and Pam


Kick drills


Julia giving a thumbs up


The whole gang, post workout.
(Kelly, Julia, Pam, Kathryn, Steve H, Steve S, and Steve T)

Julia joked afterwards that next time there will be a “Steve” lane. I told her I can’t keep up with the other Steve’s!! Some of us were watching Steve T do some of his final sets - his swimming is a thing of beauty! He creates such a wake that Hawaii has to sound their tsunami sirens! (Too soon? Sorry.)

My fastest set of 100s (my first set) averaged 1:27.0. My slowest set (my last set) averaged 1:28.3. That's consistency!! Now I just need to work on my speed. And my kicking. And my breathing. And my pulling. And my turns. And my sighting. Crap. ;)

Thanks for the workout, Julia! (And Jen!)

6 comments:

Kim 8:19 AM, March 01, 2010  

im so friggin jealous you get to hang out with julia! so much fun!

Christi 8:26 AM, March 01, 2010  

Man, I wish I had some great training partners to suffer through my swims with me. Unfortunately, my friends won't jump on that bandwagon yet. BUMMER!

Jeff 8:45 AM, March 01, 2010  

Ha! No, definitely not too soon. Better safe than sorry, though.

GoBigGreen 10:18 AM, March 01, 2010  

Aww, thanks Kim:)
Great pics. I think my hubby is finally figuring out which Steve wears a speedo. HA!!! I am too funny.
PS Steve T led our lane, i was 2nd. No draft there bc after 25 yards he was gone! He is a beautiful swimmer!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 10:59 AM, March 01, 2010  

that is consistent (on the 100s timing). Where do you guys swim? Aren't you just ready (already) for open water and summer?????

Steve Stenzel 1:29 PM, March 01, 2010  

Yeah Kim, Julia's great!! ;)

And Amy, we swim at the St. Paul YWCA near the Cathedral. And I CAN'T WAIT for open water!! I've been watching the ice recede on the Mississippi as the weeks go on!!....

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.