Mother Nature is a Blow Hard

>> Saturday, May 01, 2010

We're back from the Cannon Falls Duathlon, and it sure was frickin' windy!! Holy cats!! I haven't ridden in anything like that in a LONG time! Mother Nature, because it did NOT rain, I thank you. But because of the wind, I wish to punch you in the kidney. So turn around and take it like a lady.

BUT, there's some GREAT NEWS that came out of the race! The 3 of us (Matt, Pharmie, and I) all got 2nd in our age groups!!


Pharmie, me, and Matt getting our awards.
(Matt, what are you doing with your face?...)

Our friend Jess was there snapping photos (thanks Jess!), so I'll be back with a bunch of great race photos as soon as I can! Happy weekend!!

11 comments:

Christi 3:39 PM, May 01, 2010  

Great job everyone!!!

Char 4:54 PM, May 01, 2010  

Great face for all of you. Congrats.

Beth 6:29 PM, May 01, 2010  

Congrats to all of you. It sure was crazy windy! Can't wait to read all about it.

Julie 6:36 PM, May 01, 2010  

Hi Steve,
Congrats on a great race!! Wow, all three of you did so awesome!! You are so right about the wind...it kicked my butt today too!!

Stacie 7:22 PM, May 01, 2010  

Congrats!!! It has been windy lately- good job pulling on your big boy undees and taking it like a man.

Chloe 7:54 PM, May 01, 2010  

Congrats on the great race! But at least you don't have to deal with an oil spill right now :( I'd like to punch BP in the kidney.

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 9:53 AM, May 02, 2010  

Nice work Stenzel - types (Matt too). So great to see you all out there. The day went really well and the wind was just a bunch of crap! I forgot to give you copies of the Midwest Events mag...I'll try and get them out to you if you want to send your address via FB or E-mail. Take it easy...

Sean
FSI

Matt 4:55 PM, May 02, 2010  

I've been checking out the posted race results, I'd like to find out what the top Run 2 runner eats—3'26" for 3 miles?? I'm hoping that's some sort of a timing error-or else I totally missed a world record yesterday!

Badgergirl 9:10 PM, May 02, 2010  

Congrats! And I agree, Mother Nature needs to cut it out with the wind. It's been ridiculous the last few weeks! Looking forward to reading about the duathlon!

CoachLiz 9:31 PM, May 02, 2010  

Congratulations! I guess all three of you had a POWER UP. That was one messed up video, lol.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.