“Old People” Recovery Drink

>> Monday, May 10, 2010

My Grandpa and Grandma just got back from their winter stay in AZ. (If you remember, Pharmie and I visited them in January.) They know I LOVE fresh squeezed OJ (which doesn’t make sense because I really don’t like oranges - weird, I know).

Each year when they get back, they make sure to send me with a lot of fresh squeezed juice. And every year, they send the juice back in Miracle Whip jars from the 1980s.



So you can bet I’ll be sipping out of these jars for the next few days. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma!!

12 comments:

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 9:54 PM, May 10, 2010  

Okay, I get the OJ, but where on earth do they come up with that supply of Miracle Whip jars? (They could be worth a fortune! Call "Pawn Stars"! Call "Pickers"!)

Or, just enjoy the vitamin C.

Steve Stenzel 10:15 PM, May 10, 2010  

Amy, it's because I keep giving the jars back! Grandma's basement is stocked with jars like this!

CoachLiz 10:40 PM, May 10, 2010  

I'm sure your Grandma also has the original glass Mrs. Buttersworth syrup bottles in her basement as well.

XTB-XAVI 11:47 PM, May 10, 2010  

Amazing...great to have grand's....lucky guy!

Cheers from Tokyo!


"XTB" Xavi.

Maggs 2:20 AM, May 11, 2010  

My grandparents had similar jars. But they were full of another kind of recovery drink. moonshine.

Unknown 8:13 AM, May 11, 2010  

awwwww! how wonderful!!

Christi 8:31 AM, May 11, 2010  

Grandparents are the greatest! Mine make sure that I always have my favorite cookies when I come into town!

teacherwoman 11:49 AM, May 11, 2010  

How sweet! I have never had fresh squeezed orange juice!

JC 2:26 PM, May 11, 2010  

That's awesome - love the jars!

Julie @ ROJ Running 9:09 PM, May 11, 2010  

Don't feel weird. I love all things banana flavored but HATE real bananas

T 10:33 PM, May 11, 2010  

is that orange juice or grapefruit juice? kinda looks like the latter ...

and the jars? AWESOME.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.