The Swass is Back in Town

>> Monday, August 16, 2010

1 week ago, I did Coach Jen’s first official workout. It was a tempo run with decreasing miles. I hit the last few miles HARD. When I came home, I sat down at my computer to quick log my workout before stretching. When I stood up, I noticed that I had swass (“sweaty ass”) all over the chair:



Here, look closer:


Awesome

If you ever come and visit my house, I'll make sure you don't sit in this chair....

So I actually took off my running shorts and changed into boxers before sitting on my rug to stretch. My wife appreciated that.

My “big” workout for the week was on Saturday. I had to do a 9 mile run (with the last few miles at or faster than my 10 mile race pace), followed by a 1 hour ride and an ice bath. Pharmie and I were planning on leaving town around 7 am, so I set my alarm for 3:55 am so I could get in my workouts. Yay.

The last few miles of that run were R-O-U-G-H, but I got through it. They weren’t quite as fast as they should have been, but I was giving it my all. I got home, took my time getting something to drink, grabbed some bike gear, and then I hit the trainer in the basement for 40 minutes.

Here’s a photo from after my spin - it’s a photo of 2 shirts that I never actually wore. The shirt on the left is the one I carried with me on the run to wipe my face (which has had an hour to dry). And the shirt on the right is the one that I used to wipe my face while on the trainer:


Double Awesome

Back with notes from my first full week of being coached shortly. Have a great week!

8 comments:

Christi 8:19 AM, August 16, 2010  

I love the term "swass" but I always forget to use it!

Caratunk Girl 9:04 AM, August 16, 2010  

Yeah, you should probably burn that chair. That is hilarious.

Nice swass. I always thought swass was swamp ass by the way, but I guess it is all the same! ha ha

Neil Zee 9:05 AM, August 16, 2010  

The "sw" term can be used for all body parts. Swoobs, Swalls, Swack, Sweck, Swead, etc etc...

Matt 9:35 AM, August 16, 2010  

3:55am? I usually pride myself on being one of the first people out running in the neighborhood each morning, but if you left at 3:55am, you were probably done before I even left! That must be some coach you've got...

B. Kramer 10:52 AM, August 16, 2010  

Last week was all sorts of swassy.

Jennifer Harrison 12:48 PM, August 16, 2010  

3:55am wake up call - yes yes yes!
SOON I will have you eating clean, organic and NO crappy cereal and pop and all that other godforsaken stuff you eat! LOL

One thing at a time!

From the M&M girl....

Dan Isaacs 1:07 PM, August 16, 2010  

Hey Steve, you should be using Monkey Butt powder!

I don't know if you've tried to contact me about said product that i won from you, but I haven't seen any email.

CoachLiz 1:55 PM, August 16, 2010  

Swass is now a established part of my vocabulary.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.