Friday Funny 122: Beer Mile

>> Friday, October 15, 2010

Tomorrow night, I've been invited to participate in my first "Beer Mile." Here's a great little video that shows what it's all about that was part of the invite:


Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bxG_D_ha-0

Since I've only had about 4 beers in the last 2-3 years, chugging 4 within a few minutes of each other COULD get a little interesting. Not to mention the hard running with the carbonated booze in my belly. Should be a good time. (I've been told to expect a fair amount of projectile vomiting...) I hope to be able to draw on my experience in my Doughnut Run victory.

A lot of the Metro area's best triathletes (and me) have been invited to St. Paul to take part. This should be a grand time! Pharmie's coming to take photos, and rumor has it that Curt will be there taking video. (He's the one who made the sweet Gear West Duathlon video and the fun Mosquito Man Duathlon video. In fact, I think a lot of people in those videos will be at the Beer Mile.)

Should be an interesting Saturday night. I'll be back with photos on Monday. Happy Weekend!!

8 comments:

GoBigGreen 4:51 PM, October 15, 2010  

Oh Dear God.
( Yes I post this so JH can also post and say " ditto ")

Badgergirl 5:50 PM, October 15, 2010  

Oh boy.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing how it went.

jenez_world 9:31 PM, October 15, 2010  

i SO want to do that. full strength or lite beer ?

Steve Stenzel 9:32 PM, October 15, 2010  

Jenez, I'll find out tomorrow.... ;) I don't know!

Jim Smith II 9:24 AM, October 16, 2010  

I'm with Jenez, I would so do this! At least as long as it was decent beer ;-)

Have a great time Steve, can't wait to see pictures / video!

SteveQ 10:12 AM, October 16, 2010  

Wish I were invited (but I'm non-tri riffraff). Did a beer mile 20 years ago; one guy chugged a beer every 400 meters and still ran sub-5!

t-odd 4:42 PM, October 16, 2010  

I wish I was invited, but I don't drink, so I would just be running a "mile." Bor-ing. I hope there are some great action shots.

M 1:54 PM, October 17, 2010  

That looks AWESOME. I need to stage one of these in the C-bus area!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.