Unrelated Topics: The Best MN Multisport Athletes and a Local Art Sale

>> Thursday, December 02, 2010

First: Minnesota Tri Night is this weekend! I have my ticket and I'll be there with bells on. No, I won't actually wear bells, but I MIGHT wear my "tutti frutti" shorts:



Really.

Last night, I sat down and considered all the nominees in the 12 categories for the Minnesota Multisport Awards (MMAs). I know a lot of people in that list. Among them are my swimming buddy Julia....


(With "the gang" at Square Lake - Julia's in the pink cap)

.... Katherine Schlaefer, who rode into T2 with Matt and I at the Waseca Sprint Tri this past summer....


(Katherine, Matt, and me in the distance)

.... and someone I've been joking with for the past 6 months: my arch nemesis racing buddy Jenny Wilcox:


Jenny and I after the "throw-down" at the MosquitoMan Duathlon

Anyway, I waded through all the nominees from categories like "Most Improved," "Duathlete of the Year," "Triathlete of the Year," etc, etc, and came up with my predictions. CLICK HERE to read my educated guesses. I'll be back with photos and the results of the MMAs next week, and I'll let you know how all of my friends did and how close my predictions were.


Second: Local art college "Holiday Sale" this weekend! I teach at the College of Visual Arts in St. Paul, and they're having their yearly "Holiday Sale" on Saturday and Sunday (with a preview party on Friday night). I'll be there for part of the evening on Friday, and I'll probably swing in over the weekend at some point. I have a number of loose prints and framed prints in the sale. Here's a photo from 2 day ago that shows a lot of artwork being sorted, labeled, and hung:



Holiday Art Sale Preview:
Friday, December 3, 5 – 8 p.m.

$25 at the door
$20 advance purchase
[Go to CVA's website to purchase.]

Holiday Art Sale:
Saturday, December 4, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. FREE!
Sunday, December 5, 12 – 4 p.m. FREE!


The gallery is located in the Cathedral Hill neighborhood of St. Paul. Click here to get directions to the gallery using Google Maps.

I have more info on my photo blog if you'd like to check it out. Swing by and purchase some art! Maybe see you there!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  7:45 AM, December 02, 2010  

I apologize but seriously, this is important? Where so much else is happening?

Steve Stenzel 7:53 AM, December 02, 2010  

What does that mean Anonymous? Are you a spam bot? I think you are....

Kim 12:48 PM, December 02, 2010  

yeah geez steve, post something important! ha! go julia :)

Jennifer Harrison 7:41 PM, December 02, 2010  

HA! THIS IS IMPORTANT, duh! I loved this post and I am biased with my MN picks, there sure is a ton of well-deserved talented athletes up there! Can't wait to hear how everyone does!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.