I'm Soooo Famous

>> Monday, March 28, 2011

That's right. I was in the most recent issue of RunMinnesota (the magazine for the Minnesota Distance Runner's Association).

You could say I'm a bit of a big deal.

The magazine showed a bunch of photos from the Polar Dash 10K (Pharmie ran that race), and here I am featured in a photo from the start:



What's that you say? You CAN'T see me? Here, let me highlight myself in red:



I'm 99% sure that's me. I heard the race start as I was up on the snowbank between the trail and the road taking photos of everyone running past. (Here are my photos from the race.)

And if that SWEET image of me weren't enough (ha), they also highlighted the "Meet of the Miles" results where I placed 12 out of 136, and set a new 1 mile PR:



These 2 MAJOR appearances in the MDRA magazine made me feel a little better about my current injured state. On that note: if you missed yesterday's post, scroll down to hear a complete injury update with MRI results.

Oh, and here are a few, quick, recent Examiner articles. (And you can always become a fan of the St. Paul Triathlon Examiner on Facebook to get my articles in your FB News Feed.)

- 2011 has some big changes for the Tuesday Night Time Trials.

- There's a free "triathlon 101" clinic being offered this weekend in the Metro area. Check it out or tell a friend who might be interested.

- Lots of my photos (and results) from the Team Ortho "Get Lucky 7K."

- The local Life Time Fitness Triathlon in MPLS is hosting the North American Junior Invitational Triathlon as part of this summer's race.

- A few photos, the full results, and a video from the finish line of the Human Race 8K. I had HOPED to race this, but ducked out because of my heel.

Have a great week, everyone!!

1 comments:

Unknown 12:05 PM, March 28, 2011  

I actually thought of you at the Nation's 1/2 marathon saturday. not in a stalker way, of course. Some guy flew past me in the most amazing brightly colored running tights. All I could think of was "steve in a speedo"

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.