8 Years

>> Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Facebook is trying it's best to help out every dude everywhere:



Thanks Facebook. However, I don't think simply sending her a Facebook message is enough. Now, if I post about it on my BLOG.... THAT'S enough. ;)


8 years ago

Dear Pharmie:

I'm sorry I can't be with you today. I hope Henry is being "cooperative" for you.

I love watching you as a Mother. You think I'm the patient one, but I've seen you show so much patience with Henry as he's destroying your nipples. ANYTHING gets near my nipples, and they get a judo chop to the skull. (It's a good thing I'm not the breast-feeder.) You're such a great Mom to this little guy who's still figuring out what he wants / needs. When you 2 are laying on the couch, I keep looking over and smiling. I love you both so much.

It can't just be me: it feels like WAY MORE than 8 years, right? And not in a bad way. We're both 30 years old - eight years is a good chunk of our lives, but far from our WHOLE life. But I just CAN NOT imagine my life without you. Thank you for sharing who you are with me. And thank you for giving us this great little guy:



Happy anniversary. I love you. See you soon.

p.s. I got you a little gift. It's hidden somewhere in the house.

p.p.s. Too many places too look? Try looking inside of my red toolbox in the basement.

p.p.p.s. It's Henry's birthstone. :)

24 comments:

Alili 7:26 AM, July 19, 2011  

Nothing like a good cry on a Tuesday...Happy Anniversary you two!

Kat 7:32 AM, July 19, 2011  

Simply. Awesome.

Happy Anniversary!

Cathy Beaudoin, Ph.D., MBA, CPA and Triathlete 7:41 AM, July 19, 2011  

For a stranger, you sure do know how to tough someone's heart.

Smithers 8:03 AM, July 19, 2011  

As a new(ish) mom, I would love it if you would just go ahead and email my husband a script for him to read on our anniversary that is coming up. Seriously, that is some good stuff.

Nothing like a good mommy cry on a Tuesday morning. Sheesh.

Anonymous,  8:20 AM, July 19, 2011  

That was so sweet. Thank you for sharing that!!

Pharmie 8:44 AM, July 19, 2011  

You made me cry. Thank you :) I found something special in your tool box - not to be confused with the "something special" Henry keeps leaving me... I love you!

Lindsay 9:08 AM, July 19, 2011  

Hmm where is this toolbox again? ;)

Happy Anniversary!!

My Boring Triathlon Blog 9:17 AM, July 19, 2011  

I hope she didn't let someone borrow the tool box last week!

Congrats on your anniversary

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman 10:21 AM, July 19, 2011  

Hilarious and so heart-felt!

Congrats Steve and Pharmie!!!

Kristin,  10:28 AM, July 19, 2011  

Oh dear. Too sweet. LOOOOOOOOVE that pic of your rings on Henry's little piggie toes.

Trisaratops 1:31 PM, July 19, 2011  

Sniff sniff! LOVE!

Happy anniversary, you two!

Sarah B,  4:25 PM, July 19, 2011  

so sweet! happy anniversary!

Jennifer 5:49 PM, July 19, 2011  

Wowza! Beautiful post ~ beautiful life, thank you for sharing it with us. Happy Anniversary!!

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction 6:42 PM, July 19, 2011  

Okay..that was really very adorable. I am so sending my husband to your blog tonight. That picture is adorable...did you think of that yourself??

Anonymous,  6:48 PM, July 19, 2011  

Major points for you on this one! Husbands, take note!

Steve Stenzel 7:06 PM, July 19, 2011  

Yay Pharmie! Glad you found it! Hope you like it!! :)

And Annette: my wife saw a photo like this a year or 2 ago. She wanted one with our rings and our little guy, so we took that photo a few weeks ago. Glad you like it!

Katie 8:46 PM, July 19, 2011  

Awwwwwww--Happy Anniversary!!!

Suzy 6:44 AM, July 20, 2011  

Happy Anniversary Steve and Pharmie!

Nikki,  8:08 AM, July 20, 2011  

Hey don't think I've ever posted before, but i really like your blog! I was a collegiate swimmer (distance) and am starting to think about swimming again (it's been 7 years in Feb). Your training is fun to watch and your dedication is amazing! But the reason i posted was that my (and husbands) anniversary was 7/19 too! only 3 years ago though...so happy anniversary, congrats on the baby, keep rockin' the tri's (more swimming)!

Nikki

JC 11:36 AM, July 20, 2011  

So AWESOME! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

Richelle 12:26 AM, July 21, 2011  

Awwww... what a wonderful and touching letter! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.