Bike Ride and Rollerblade

>> Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pharmie and I both got out for our longest workouts since Henry's arrival 6 weeks ago. Yesterday, we were in Alexandria with my family for a Stenzel family vacation. My Mom and Sister said they'd take care of our little guy for a few hours, so Pharmie and I headed for the long flat trail that goes through Alex.

I ended up biking about 28 miles, which was my longest ride in a long time and my FIRST ride since the Life Time Fitness Triathlon over 2 weeks ago!! (Meaning it was my first ride since my first crash.) Well, this ride was much less dramatic (except for the bee-sting under my helmet), and I finished with a 20.6 mph average, which I was pretty happy with. I went out with the slight breeze and had a 22.4 mph average at the turn-around, and felt OK about only letting it drop to 20.6 after 14 miles into the wind.

Pharmie Rollerbladed out on the trail, and covered about 19 miles. She found out that she should be rollerblading more - she liked it as a good postpartum workout! I snapped 2 photos of her finishing up her workout:






After our workouts, with "Big Ole" in the background

Last night, I realized that I had that common "I-put-on-sunscreen-but-didn't-get-it-spread-around-my-watch-very-well" sunburn:



I'll have some more photos from vacation up later this week or this weekend. So stop back for those! You wouldn't want to miss photos like Henry's first time in a hammock:



Or his expression when he learned that there was "Big Buck Hunter" at the cabin:



10 comments:

TriMOEngr 11:19 AM, July 26, 2011  

We also named our son Henry. He turned 10 in May (and is already 5' and 114 lbs!). Your Henry is adorable. Love the pics of him. Your wife is a rock star getting out on those rollerblades! I didn't feel human for most of Henry's first year.

TriMOEngr 11:21 AM, July 26, 2011  

Oh, and my Henry just used all his savings to buy Big Buck Hunter Pro for his Wii. :)

Carolina John 2:36 PM, July 26, 2011  

That's a damn cute kid brother. Well done.

Chic Runner 2:45 PM, July 26, 2011  

Pharmie is looking FANTASTIC and little henry is so cute! Steve, you on the other hand.... wow no words. HAHA !:)

The Triathlon Rx 7:02 PM, July 26, 2011  

If it makes you feel any better, I got stung by a wasp on my [female equivalent of the] inguinal crease. I will get my revenge...

Henry is probably the coolest littleman I know. Can I be a babysitter once you and Pharmie start going back out for date nights? :)

JC 7:20 PM, July 26, 2011  

OMG - Henry is SO cute:)

Unknown 9:40 PM, July 26, 2011  

19 miles roller blading?! That has to be a record! I think my face would be the same if I knew big buck hunter was near. :)

Brandon 11:05 AM, July 27, 2011  

if I got stung, I'd die. Seriously. My road id says so. I'm glad you're ok Steve.

and my last long ride, I didn't sunscreen around my watch and road id and in turn had these random sunburns. I was quite embarrassed.

Chris and Amy 3:54 PM, July 27, 2011  

I love the hammock picture! And 19 miles on rollerblades? Holy badass Pharmie!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.