Some Quick Family / Henry Updates

>> Monday, July 04, 2011

Last weekend, Pharmie and I traveled "home" with Henry for the first time. We both grew up about 2 hours south of the Cities. Henry made the trip down just fine! While we were there, Henry got to meet his Great-Grandparents. Here's a nice "4 generations" photo of all of the "oldest Stenzel men:"


My Grandpa is the oldest of 4, my Dad is the oldest of 3,
I'm the oldest of 2, and Henry's the oldest of 1!

On the way back to the Cities, Henry got fussy and needed to eat. So I pulled off at a rest-stop near Northfield, Pharmie "got lunch ready," and I took a photo of Henry enjoying a snack:



And speaking of home, our hometown paper ("The Wells Mirror") was "Stenzel-heavy" last week. It had Henry's birth announcement inside....



.... and my Grandpa and his brothers were featured on the back page in recognition of how long they've all been married!


Those are my Grandparents on the far left

Last week, Henry had his second "real" bath since his belly button fell off. His belly is getting nicely round:



And finally, Friday night after a killer brick workout with 3 friends (which I'll be posting about on tomorrow), Henry and I relaxed in bed:


Yes... his chins are coming along quite nicely.... ;)

8 comments:

Old She dragon 3:23 AM, July 04, 2011  

Probably a good thing pharmie has to let parts recover because breastfeeding can use a huge amount of energy all on its own. It gets less taxing once the bub can have other foods too.

Julie 6:22 AM, July 04, 2011  

LOL! That bathtub shot is priceless! I love his expression. You guys done good. :)

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction 6:42 AM, July 04, 2011  

He is sooooo adorable. Love the one where he is sleeping on you...but the bathtub one is also adorable!!!!!

Unknown 6:48 AM, July 04, 2011  

He's adorable! Congrats on your new addition!! :)

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman 8:55 AM, July 04, 2011  

So cute!!!

The 4 generation photo is amazing!

Richelle 2:54 PM, July 04, 2011  

Awww... love the photos! Henry is so cute!

Katie 2:54 PM, July 04, 2011  

Beautiful pictures! Lovely nursing photo! I wish I had more of those of myself and my kids!

I'm going to have to disagree with Old She Dragon about the nursing...while breastfeeding can take a lot of energy...it doesn't stop you from being able to do what you want to do (and having other foods to feed your baby when they are older doesn't make it "easier"). Birthing can take a lot out of some people--and can take a while to recover. Definitely the sleepless nights can be taxing--but I wouldn't blame breastfeeding as being the "taxing" part of motherhood (or parenthood in general). Personally, I found (after the first 2 months--when it's nurse-like-crazy-cause-the-baby-is-a-newborn time) that breastfeeding made my mama job EASIER!

I love that you post both personal/family entries AND training/athletic entries! :D

Unknown 11:03 AM, July 05, 2011  

Steve, he's absolutely adorable! That belly is too much! :)

Your family is amazing... love seeing so many happy people in love! Congrats to your grandparents and their siblings!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.