Henry Met 2x Ironman World Champ MACCA!

>> Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's true! Last week on a little family outing, Henry got to meet Chris "Macca" McCormack!



It would seem that Macca was a little more thrilled to meet Henry than Henry was to meet Macca:


Close-up on Macca: super pumped!


Close-up on Henry: less-than-thrilled. ;)

Oh, and here's a photo from yesterday morning when I was hanging out with Henry while my wife was at a Dr. appointment. Pharmie posted this photo yesterday on her blog:


Cute little dude. 2 months old!

I'll be back with more in the "I USE THIS" series next week. And if you have any thoughts on "things" that I use that you'd like me to write about (like why I USE them and why I LIKE them), feel free to ask! Someone tweeted me and asked me to write about what winter running gear I use and like, and that's coming up in a post next week. And there will also be posts about some of my favorite training fuel, my favorite shades and why I like them, good running top, good running shorts, my thoughts on the Ironman BOB stroller, and the many useful ways I use a balance ball. And more.....

Happy Weekend!!

6 comments:

SteveQ 11:56 AM, August 13, 2011  

I'd like to know what camera(s) you use - I'm guessing the cute last photo was using a different camera than the supermarket ones.

Steve Stenzel 12:46 PM, August 14, 2011  

SteveQ: those were both with the same point-and-shoot digital camera: a Canon A640. It's not a great camera, but it's put up with a TON of abuse. (That's the camera I've ran a few races with, including that 15 below 10K 2.5 year ago, and it's STILL tickin!)

The Banter 2:09 PM, August 14, 2011  

My guess is that Macca's pits knocked Little Henry out. Don't confuse that with 'less than excited'.

megant113 6:55 PM, August 14, 2011  

I'm going to delurk for a moment to request an "I use this" post on your bike trainer (and maybe Pharmie's too if it's different). I'm just getting into cycling and will probably get one before winter gets here.

Thanks!

Unknown 9:28 PM, August 14, 2011  

HAHAHA! My little Soren (2) just had the same meeting as well, although I was bummed that Target didn't carry the FUEL Wheaties that I was looking for. That stuff is awesome, and I am not just saying that because Active has a wheaties team that picked my friend Colin. I went in there looking for "Ironman Wheaties", and was surprised to see Macca right there. Soren didn't quite have the IRONMAN brand recognition yet that my 5 year old daughter does, calling it the M with a head!

triguyjt 11:12 AM, August 15, 2011  

Could it be Henry had just wolfed down some Reeses Puffs and was having a sugar coma and thus oblivious to Macca???Yes, he is a cutie

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.