Being "Fit" and Running With The Family

>> Saturday, November 12, 2011

My goal of staying "fit" this winter is going OK so far. All of my strength / core workouts have been SUPER quick, but they've been intense. But I still haven't swam or biked since my last triathlon in August. Oops. Gotta work on that.

But Henry and I have been having a good time on a few runs. On Sunday, we ran 8 miles by the river. We started off and Henry was all smiles:




Asleep and running near the Franklin Bridge down by the Mississippi


Back near home as Henry was JUST starting to wake up!

And then on Thursday evening, I got home from work and all 3 of us headed out on a CHILLY run! It was 34 degrees, but it was calm. So we bundled up our little guy and hit the road:


Loading up Henry (with Henry Mancini watching in the background)


All layered up (but before putting on his mittens)


Around mile 1.5 shortly after entering Minneapolis


Stopped at a stoplight near the U of M

Henry fell asleep shortly after this, and slept almost until we got back home. Pharmie and I (and Henry) got in 6 miles on that chilly evening!

Back with more on my upcoming running / racing goals! Have a great weekend, everyone!

p.s. If you need more of a Henry / running fix, check the right sidebar of my blog for my 5 most recent TwitPics. Or check out my TwitPics profile for instant photo updates. I started "tweeting in photos" about 2 weeks ago.

6 comments:

TriMOEngr 12:01 PM, November 12, 2011  

Never too many pics of the little guy. Love that you are able to embrace being fit as a family. Some of my runs and rides get kind of lonely.

Unknown 12:33 PM, November 12, 2011  

That last pic of Henry and Pharmie is hilarious. Great look on his face.

Maggs 12:14 AM, November 13, 2011  

such a cute baby. I always think he looks like a little man already.

SteveQ 2:34 PM, November 13, 2011  

Henry's happy and sleepy in St. Paul and anxious and terrified in Minneapolis. He sure figured that out fast!

Trisaratops 8:46 PM, November 13, 2011  

THE CHEEKS! Oh, the cheeks. LOVE. He is getting so big!

Steve Stenzel 12:50 PM, November 14, 2011  

SteveQ: we've actually been joking about that for a while! Sometimes, we hit MPLS and he starts to get crabby. The little guy is a 'Paulie for life! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.