My Former Coach Still Haunts Me

>> Wednesday, November 16, 2011

In Aug and Sept of last year, I worked with Coach Jen Harrison to get me to a speedy TC 10 Mile finish. The plan was to have her build me up to the TC 10 Mile, and then to go my own way - it was a short-term coaching situation. Just after working with her, I had the following exchange on Facebook. I've been meaning to post this for a while.

My swimming buddy Julia is also coached by Jen. Pharmie and I were planning on hitting the pool for a workout with her, but I told her we'd be sleeping in:



After seeing that, Coach Jen wrote on my wall:



I had to reply with this:



Ha!

I maybe finally feel inclined to post this because I hit the pool yesterday for the first time in 3 months!! My last swim was the Lake Marion Triathlon almost 3 months ago, and my last time in the pool was a week before that (which was OVER 3 months ago)! I swam a "solid effort" 1200 yesterday (in 20:17), and it left me feeling pretty hashed. And the top / inside of my foot is still sore when I kick - that's still from when I turned my ankle in July. Something's not right in my foot.

Being we still don't have snow on the ground, I hope to hit the track at St. Thomas for some intervals in the next few days! I have to be ready for my Dec 4th indoor 5000 meters!! That's 25 laps on a 200 meter track - YAY! :)

2 comments:

GoBigGreen 12:19 PM, November 16, 2011  

You know you want to swim and smell like Chlorine for 48 hours, you know you do...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.