2011 Totals: a Guest Post from Henry

>> Monday, January 02, 2012

NOTE: I'm letting my 6.5 month old write about HIS 2011 yearly totals. This should be interesting...

Well, Dad is giving me control on his blog for 1 day. Finally. Jerk-face.

So here are my yearly stats:

- Born: June 12th, 2011
- Swim: 0.0 yards
- Bike: 0.0 miles
- Run: 159.67 miles with Dad, at least 40 with Mom (she's not as anal about tracking miles), for easily over 200 running miles on the year. Maybe more like 250.
- Walk: 38 hours and 57 minutes with Dad, and probably more than that with non-walk-logging Momma.

- Most miles in a single day: Thurs, August 11th: 18 miles. Ran nearly 10 miles with Dad in the morning, and then covered another 8+ with Momma between 2 short runs.

- Longest runs with Daddy: TWO runs of half-marathon length or longer: 13.11 miles on Oct 30th (1:33:59), and 14.3 miles on Dec 18th (1:40:51).


During the 13.11 mile run.


During the 14.3 mile run.

- First runs: I started going on some runs with Momma in mid-July. July 24th was my first run with Dad. We went 4.4 miles in Alexandria, MN. Here's a photo he snapped of me as he was running:


Photos WHILE running? Great. Super-safe, Dad. Sheesh.

- First time cheering for Dad: This was at the Life Time Fitness Triathlon when I was just 4 weeks old. That was the first race where Daddy crashed his bike. Frickin' noob. Seriously.


All of us before Daddy started.


Heading to the finish with some road-rash on his leg. Again I say: noob.


Man, I was skinny! Momma's put some good meat on my bones since then.

- First time cheering for Momma: When I was 12 weeks old (just under 3 months), I got to cheer on my rockstar Momma at the St. Croix Valley Triathlon. Twelve weeks postpartum!! My Momma's a beast!


Giving Momma a pre-race pep-talk.
Hey, she pushed ME out... this race was going to be a breeze!


Momma on the run!


Post-race. Cut me some slack - cheering is damn hard work.

- First time cheering for BOTH Dad and Momma at a race: At 16 weeks of age (just under 4 months), I got to cheer at the TC 10 Mile / Marathon. (Here's Part 1 and Part 2 of Daddy's write-ups.)


It's true! Momma ran it easy the year before because they knew I COULD be more than
just a twinkle in Daddy's eye - they found out I existed the day after the race!


Dad running to a 1:01:20 10 Mile finish. What, no sub-60 this year Dad? Slacker.


Super embarrassing photo of Dad and me. Weirdo.


Momma finishing her 12th straight TC Marathon!


Resting with Momma post-race. Again, this cheering stuff is hard work.

3 FINAL NOTES:

- We FINALLY got a little snow here in St. Paul, MN, so I might have to be cutting back my runs with Dad. Between the colder temps and then snow-packed trails, I don't know if we'll be able to run as much. I don't know how I feel about that...

- My "0.0 yards swimming" total from last year is about to be smashed this week. I heard Momma and Dad planning a trip (or TWO) to the Y with me to hit the pool! I'll be busting out 100s faster than Dad by March. Suck my wake, Daddy-o. Oh, and I'm sure Dad will post super embarrassing photos of me in my swim diaper, so check back for THAT.

- I brought in 2012 with a shitty BANG at our house yesterday morning. Check this out:


Momma was scared. She yelled at Dad to get me in the shower!


Dad and I hosing off - my first shower!

I'm planning on making this mess a daily thing - that was kinda fun! ;)

Oh, and word on the street is that Dad is getting ready to start a "Henry and Cats" album on Facebook shortly. What an ass hat. How is he married? Alright, time to turn control of this crap-tastic blog back to Dad. Here's to a great 2012!

Thanks Henry. Jeez, you're sassy. Back with MY 2011 totals shortly!

20 comments:

Lisa S 6:44 AM, January 02, 2012  

Favorite post *ever*!!! Henry should guest write again!!! Love it! Looking forward to the cats/Henry album on fb (he meant on his dads speedo group page, right!?!?). I heart cats

Steve Stenzel 8:00 AM, January 02, 2012  

Ha! No Lisa, I was just going to post it on my personal FB page... but because you want to see it, I'll make sure to post the link to the album on the "Steve in a Speedo" page too. :)

Ann 8:15 AM, January 02, 2012  

Aaaaaaadorable!!!!! Henry had a great 2011, lol!!

The Triathlon Rx 8:15 AM, January 02, 2012  

Hahah!! I like his attitude... we'd get along. ;) And speaking of BIKE that makes me wonder... are you guys going to be Burley'n with Henry? (If it zips closed, you could bring the cat too and add to that album!)

Kristin,  8:19 AM, January 02, 2012  

Ha ha, cute post. (You could have cropped that last one from the bottom a bit more, though. =) )

Jennifer 9:20 AM, January 02, 2012  

Hilarious! Extra points for using 'ass hat' in a sentence. Always a bright spot in the blogosphere you Stenzels!

SteveQ 10:39 AM, January 02, 2012  

Geez, are you still talking about that baby? That was SO 2011. [insert smirk the size of Canada]

Unknown 1:43 PM, January 02, 2012  

Awesome post Henry.... love the nood and asshat descriptors. Youve come a long way.

Katie 1:59 PM, January 02, 2012  

Impressive blow-out, Henry!

Anonymous,  5:11 PM, January 02, 2012  

Hahaha this is hysterical! Your kid is a pretty good writer for 6.5 months...

The Lazy Triathlete 7:43 PM, January 02, 2012  

Henry you have a great career ahead of you. Even at this age, using the word asshat correctly.

RobbyB 10:44 PM, January 02, 2012  

Henry, while your numbers are impressive and your poops even more so, we need to see more pics from your POV! Especially of those silly cats of yours!

Anonymous,  7:56 AM, January 03, 2012  

What's up with finding out about pregnancies after 10 milers. We found out a few days after I posted my best time to the lumberjack days 10 mile run in Stillwater! Love all the Henry pictures!!

Sixteen Chickens 7:58 AM, January 03, 2012  

Henry, you've taken to triathlon like a duck to water. Seriously, dude. No, I'm not shitting you, you're shitting yourself, remember? And word up cute-baby-pants, tell your dad to get that photo of the two of you nekkid in the shower off the internet. What happens in the locker room, stays in the locker room. Has he no shame? All kidding aside, you are the luckiest kid in the world. Babies everywhere envy your style and your parents. Be nice to them and try not to poopsplosion too much. Hope to hear more from you in 2012.
-Wy

Carolina John 10:10 AM, January 03, 2012  

I'd say Henry knocked out a pretty good year! Good on 'ya kid.

ALB Tri Me 10:38 AM, January 03, 2012  

Great pic of the post-poo explosion smile in the shower. (Not yours Steve)

TriEric 1:05 PM, January 03, 2012  

Are you saying that Henry's swim time in the Pharmie pool doesn't count. the Kid has been cheated. No wonder he shit his pants. Serves you right.

Happy New Year Steve.

Anonymous,  11:44 AM, January 04, 2012  

Henry, reattach post. Impressive numbers and if that's not dad's thumb I'm impresses.

Unknown 7:52 PM, January 06, 2012  

Awesome numbers and diaper blow out. Nice work!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.