'Perfect for Runners' My Ass!!

>> Saturday, March 03, 2012

Look at this advertisement from a recent Runner's World Magazine:



What?

I mean... WHAT?!?

This sounds like a horrible idea for runners. Their tag line should be "Have you ever chaffed on the back of your neck or on your ears? You're about to!"

Here's more from their website:



For the love of God... it can be put AROUND YOUR NECK?!?

This is a product called "Swih" (pronounced "swee") that stands for "So What It's Hot." Here's a video from their website:


Direct link: http://youtu.be/HC4GyR1PkPU

VIDEO NOTES:

- It's creepy and weird when he straps it around his neck at 0:20.
- It's creepy and weird when the 2 models slowly spin at 0:29.
- 1:20: he gently wiggles the bottle. Weird.
- 1:28: I'll show you where I can fit 1-2 fingers. Now I'M creepy.
- The rest of the video is just weird. And a little creepy.

OK, I CAN understand using the "headband" Swih with an ice-cold bottle of water if working in the garden. Or even casually biking. But running?!? Playing tennis?!? No way.

I'm almost afraid to ask... has anyone tried this??....

16 comments:

Maggs 1:15 PM, March 03, 2012  

the look on the face of the girl in the first pictures is WTF?

Luis Fernando Oliveira 1:25 PM, March 03, 2012  

Well, I suppose there's no giveaway coming, right?

CCH 1:42 PM, March 03, 2012  

Reminds me of another bottle holder - the Jog Strap!

http://youtu.be/DL74DdnJfO4

Tstorms,  2:44 PM, March 03, 2012  

that guy is wearing more make up than most women I know!

Cinthia 2:51 PM, March 03, 2012  

This is TOO funny! A water bottle around my neck as I run? That's like stand-up comedy, hee, hee.

Unknown 3:56 PM, March 03, 2012  

I can't vouch for it personally, but fellow blogger and NYC runner Tracy from "Go Tracy Go" has. Here's the link:

http://www.gotracygo.com/2011/12/so-what-its-hot-product-review.html

It's pretty funny, and YES, all of those things are way creepy.

Trish 4:34 PM, March 03, 2012  

I saw this ad and thought it was a joke! Anything to make a buck!

Anonymous,  7:03 PM, March 03, 2012  

I thought for sure, this was a Friday Funny. haha.

Unknown 5:56 AM, March 04, 2012  

THAT GUY is creepy!!

Rebecca 8:09 AM, March 04, 2012  

this seems hazardous/borderline deadly. all i can imagine is the water bottle constantly hitting the back of the head. and if that isn't a concern, then the creepy promotional video should at least scare the rest of them off!

Carla Runs The World 8:24 AM, March 04, 2012  

Yes, my friend tried it! Here's her post on it:

http://www.gotracygo.com/2011/12/so-what-its-hot-product-review.html

Unknown 11:13 AM, March 04, 2012  

Beyond Ridiculous!! LOL!

ShesAlwaysWrite 3:13 PM, March 04, 2012  

That guy's eyebrows are better than mine. THAT'S creepy.

JC 3:30 PM, March 04, 2012  

I think it's the makeup that makes him creepy. the eye makeup specifically. weirdo. I've seen this ad in RW for a few months now. I can't imagine my reaction if I ever saw anyone actually wearing one! hahah

Trisaratops 9:24 PM, March 04, 2012  

And THAT just made my day.

Will you PLEASE wear that with either the bowl full of sunshine shorts or the tutti frutti shorts? I'll give you a dollar!

Unknown 7:59 AM, March 06, 2012  

I've been known to stick a water bottle in the back of my sports bra on hot days. I hate holding things in my hand. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be, and if you have the right bra, it stays put.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.