Freezing Polar Dash Photos

>> Thursday, January 24, 2013

After seeing some of the photos from Wayne Kryduba at the MDRA Pizza Party (2 posts down), I wondered what races he'd photographed recently. I stopped by his website and saw his last gallery was from the Polar Dash 5K and 10K from a few weeks ago.

That day had a morning low of 5 below, so people were wearing a lot of layers:




At the start!

I loved looking through the frozen finish photos:




Steamy.




Crazy lashes.




Icy uni-brow.




I deem this one the winner!

Well, I thought I had a winner, but then I looked at the 5K photos. And I found this guy:


Topless start.


Topless (and windburned) finish.

Sweet.

5 comments:

Kevin 8:39 AM, January 24, 2013  

those are some crazy photos. The last guy is obviously insane

SteveQ 10:16 AM, January 24, 2013  

Wayne took the two best running photos of me, ever. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of either of them; he wasn't great about sharing. One of them got printed in the MDRA's newsletter, so it's still floating around somewhere.

Anonymous,  1:05 PM, January 24, 2013  

And the moral of this post is that MN breeds incredibly strong/bold/hearty runners! :-) Wow!!!

Cinthia 6:43 PM, January 24, 2013  

Looks like Alaska, hee, hee. But what's up with the topless dude?Maybe he had to show off his tats?
P.S. My boyfriend's beard looks like the pic after almost every run.

Unknown 3:41 PM, January 25, 2013  

Hi Steve,
I forwarded this blog post to my uncle who doesn't believe people run in sub freezing temps. Now I have proof! thanks!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.